Newbie greetings

Fanfare! Pied Piper accepted to Andromeda Spaceways

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew F

Basic
Jun 20, 2018
Cranbrook, Kent
Hi everyone. I'm Andrew and I am new to Litopia. Although I have had a couple of small things published I am still very much in the foothills of writing (possibly still at the gate in the dry stone wall just before the foothills start, in fact). My main interest is in short stories and I have done a few of the great City Lit courses to help me on my way.

Until recently I lived in London but have now left the bright lights behind for life in rural Kent. My heart, though, still belongs to Penge!

I look forward to getting to know people here and participating in the community.

Hi everyone. I'm Andrew and I am new to Litopia. Although I have had a couple of small things published I am still very much in the foothills of writing (possibly still at the gate in the dry stone wall just before the foothills start, in fact). My main interest is in short stories and I have done a few of the great City Lit courses to help me on my way.

Until recently I lived in London but have now left the bright lights behind for life in rural Kent. My heart, though, still belongs to Penge!

I look forward to getting to know people here and participating in the community.
I'm Al and perhaps the same vintage but without the same handsome dog. I'm so new I don't know how to work the site. My strength (?) is W.W.2 aviation and I'm working on four books at once. That sounds idiotic until I add that I've been working the same books for six years

Hi Andrew - welcome aboard! You'll find lots of help here - there are people at a variety of stages with their writing goals. It's all about the journey...

I'm a big fan of short stories - I used them as my way into writing, as they enabled me to try out different genres. Have you come across Duotrope as a way of finding paying markets to submit to? It's a paid service now, but it's a small price to pay!

Good luck and let me know if you need any help along the way... I'm also an editor.

Hello to a fellow Kent Resident!

I too left London, albeit South West (Wimbledon) a while ago, but I still regard it as home..

Hi Andrew - welcome aboard! You'll find lots of help here - there are people at a variety of stages with their writing goals. It's all about the journey...

I'm a big fan of short stories - I used them as my way into writing, as they enabled me to try out different genres. Have you come across Duotrope as a way of finding paying markets to submit to? It's a paid service now, but it's a small price to pay!

Good luck and let me know if you need any help along the way... I'm also an editor.

Thanks. I will have a look at Duotrope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newbie greetings

Fanfare! Pied Piper accepted to Andromeda Spaceways

Back