My retirement plan...

Amusement Literary Jokes & Puns

News XX genotypes, go forth and be hilarious

Status
Not open for further replies.
(My very-early retirement plan if I could swing it... I'd serve coffee and hot chocolates and delicious cakes while sunning myself in Italian villages reading and loaning books. I CAN SEE IT) Is this Italy’s smallest library? - BBC Reel
Amazing how you found that video @Rainbird. One of the things I noted missing when I first came to Italy was that there were NO local libraries! And if you think I can just pop into a bookshop and buy the latest or otherwise book of fiction in English well, that's just not on. I'd have to go to a university book shop like the one in Padua or Venice to find anything in English, even then I would have to order it and of course it costs three times the price paid in England. So unless I go on Amazon (but as I don't have a credit card-just hate them!) I would have to ask my English niece to get me a copy.

But coming back to that retired teacher and his three wheeler mobile library- I find it amazing. There should have one of those, not just for the remote areas, but even in normal towns because even if some town halls may have a small library of sorts, they aren't a patch to what you find in England. Alas, Italians are not readers but speakers- they have by far more iphones here than most other nations do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amusement Literary Jokes & Puns

News XX genotypes, go forth and be hilarious

Back