December Flash Club

New Year Resolutions

Status
Not open for further replies.

georginaK

Georgina Key
Mar 16, 2019
Houston, TX
I can’t believe it’s finally happened! My MS has been accepted for publication! The official announcement won’t be until after the holidays, but I’m so excited I just had to share with you all! Being part of this group and watching (and winning) Pop-Up Submissions helped me believe in myself and put my work out there—thank you so much Litopia xoxo
And Happy Holidays!

Fantastic news, Georgina. Thank you for sharing with us. It's great to hear good news like this. It's brilliant for you and inspires us too. You're a great reader too. What a lovely way to kick off your Christmas!

Fantastic news, Georgina. Thank you for sharing with us. It's great to hear good news like this. It's brilliant for you and inspires us too. You're a great reader too. What a lovely way to kick off your Christmas!
Thank you Martin! And I love having the opportunity to read aloud

I can’t believe it’s finally happened! My MS has been accepted for publication! The official announcement won’t be until after the holidays, but I’m so excited I just had to share with you all! Being part of this group and watching (and winning) Pop-Up Submissions helped me believe in myself and put my work out there—thank you so much Litopia xoxo
And Happy Holidays!
Very well done, and congratulations!

Yes @Eva Ulian —and you were on the panel (although the audio connection wasn’t great!)
Yes I remember that. M/C was about to connect with ex husband and new partner... and if I remember it it must have left a mark. Also I remember your writing was beautiful and melodic but I said you need to give me more about M/C so I could care for her. You were the winner of that show, I remember that too because I also chose you. :D

So now when your book and Leonora's come out what Litopians should do is to show how powerful we can be as a writers's group in making a fuss on Twitter, facebook, blogs etc, in promoting Litopian members' books. Not that such will result in direct sales, but they do spread the word around and that's what makes something known. Maybe someone should set up this "Litopian Members Promotion Group" all ready to release their arrows in their bows on all media channels. I truly believe in the power of the media, if there are enough willing to do it. :victory-hand:

@Eva Ulian The only issue with me doing the audio book is the heavy southern accents—I’m not great at that! You’d think after living in Texas for so long I would be, but as you know, I have a hybrid accent that most people think sounds Australian :)
When I heard your voice for the first time, and I'm a believer in first impressions, I didn't think it sounded Australian or anything else for that matter... I couldn't pin it down anywhere- kind of neutral and that to me is what makes the best readers. Just imagine having to listen to a whole book with that yankee Southern accent that is sooooooooooo difficult to understand! Yek!

Status
Not open for further replies.

December Flash Club

New Year Resolutions

Back