My Introduction

Help! Feedback requested on website page layout

Poop Fiction!

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

T. S. Theriot

Hello Everyone,

I have had a bit of experience writing introductions. While attending APU (American Public University), one of the main criteria's was to create an introduction so that classmates can get to know each other better. So, this shouldn't be too difficult. ;)

My name is Tammy S. Theriot (Pronounced Terri-o), everyone can feel free to call me Tammy. (Although, I prefer my author name to be T. S. Theriot, I think it just flows better.) I am 37 years old and have been married to my wonderful husband, Larry, for 9 years.

Currently, we reside in Patterson, Louisiana. My husband and I are thinking of moving to Houma, LA after the first of next year. Houma is about an hour and a half from New Orleans (Nawlin's), just to give everyone a better understanding of where I am located in the great state of Louisiana.

I have a beautiful step-daughter named Jessica who is 19 and currently attending college, majoring in Business. We also have two adorable, yet crazy tuxedo cats named Meeko and Milo, and one seriously spoiled Jack Russell Terrier named Coconut.

I love all things creative! I have always enjoyed writing, such as, poems, short stories, and now novels. I also enjoy drawing, painting, and well, as I mentioned earlier, anything creative. I appreciate my quiet time when I can break away from reality, and write. Writing is my therapy, my imagination is my sanctuary!

I recently graduated from APU with a Bachelors in English in the Fall of 2014. I enjoyed every minute of it too! :D I also have two Associate degrees under my belt, one in Accounting, and the other in Office Systems from Louisiana Technical College. My dream is to one day become a successful published author.

I am so very glad that I found this website, and I sincerely hope to learn and master how to finally snag an agent for my novel. I have attempted submissions in the past to no avail. I hope that this forum and my fellow writers can help me to achieve my goal of becoming a successful author. :rolleyes:

I look forward to getting to know everyone!

T. S. Theriot;)

Bonjou - as I believe Creole speakers say in Louisiana. I lived in Atlanta for three years, working with a guy who introduced me to seafood gumbo - something that's tricky to find in Cornwall, even though we're a county with active fishing vessels.

Good luck with your renewed attempts at submissions. I've spent the last seven months chasing agents and approaching publishers with open submissions windows. Of about 150 queries that I've made since January, I've received answers from 50, with replies taking up to five months to arrive. Finding an agent who's interested in you and your work is like throwing a single chip of gravel into a huge fast-flowing river and expecting to hit a fish! Best throw a handful of gravel, by making multiple submissions.

Last edited:
Welcome, TS! You'll like it here.

What genre(s) do you write in?
Well, since I have just recently established what genre my novel is, I suppose you could say that I write in Young Adult-Fantasy. I do also enjoy Science Fiction, though.

Welcome! Your creativity is infectious...you've come to the right place. :) I love creating card games and this year entered writing officially. So am learning a lot from members like yourself. I'm sure you will benefit so much here as we sure will having you.

Bonjou - as I believe Creole speakers say in Louisiana. I lived in Atlanta for three years, working with a guy who introduced me to seafood gumbo - something that's tricky to find in Cornwall, even though we're a county with active fishing vessels.

Good luck with your renewed attempts at submissions. I've spent the last seven months chasing agents and approaching publishers with open submissions windows. Of about 150 queries that I've made since January, I've received answers from 50, with replies taking up to five months to arrive. Finding an agent who's interested in you and your work is like throwing a single chip of gravel into a huge fast-slowing river and expecting to hit a fish! Best throw a handful of gravel, by making multiple submissions.

Bonjou/Bonjour Paul,

Cajun French is much like French, with some differences. Louisiana is certainly known for its cuisine. Gumbo being quite popular. My husband is a commercial fisherman, so we also enjoy boiled crawfish, crabs, and shrimp on the regular. I am not too fond of cooking, but I do love to eat; therefore, I do cook. :D

I must say, submitting query's, for me, has been quite daunting. Although, I do try and keep a positive attitude about the whole process. Hopefully, I will be able to hone my skills and update my query letter for a positive response, now that I have found this website. Usually, when I submit, I submit to at least 3 agents at a time. Maybe I should try more. Anyway, thanks for your reply.

T.S. Theriot

I must say, submitting query's, for me, has been quite daunting. Although, I do try and keep a positive attitude about the whole process. Hopefully, I will be able to hone my skills and update my query letter for a positive response, now that I have found this website. Usually, when I submit, I submit to at least 3 agents at a time. Maybe I should try more. Anyway, thanks for your reply.

T.S. Theriot
Queries are definitely a scary thing for writers. Luckily quite a few of us have experience and knowledge to help each other. But we also have threads about a lot of other different topics. You'll find helpful advice on a lot of things about the writers life, and we'd love to hear your opinions too!

Thank you all, I am glad to be here. I have already posted my query and have gotten some really great advice. I am now in the process of editing my query with the help of the forums. I think I will like it here! :)

T. S. Theriot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Help! Feedback requested on website page layout

Poop Fiction!

Back