Miles or Kilometres?

What not to do if you get a bad Goodreads review

Rules For Submitting To Agents

Status
Not open for further replies.
Um, I think your forgetting that coins come in 1, 2, 5, 10, 20, and 50 pence?

Allistair, you've been gone for a while--no 5 cent coins anymore in NZ. Everything's rounded to the nearest 10 cents now. (and the bonus is that those great big clunky coins are now much smaller--half the size they used to be)

no 5 cents? Eck, the cost of living must be horrendous! :eek:

It is appalling, particularly house prices. Quakes didn't help, either, as there's a real housing shortage here in Christchurch, now that we've lost whole suburbs...But it's still a bit of paradise, looking out to the snowy mountains, listening to the surf!

I think there's a slight misunderstanding here - we don't just have pound and penny coins. There are 2p, 5p, 10p, 20p and 50p coins as well. We might not call it a dime, but we do have the equivalent coin.

[Added] In fact it's a good job. It appears that individual pennies are only legal tender up to 20p...

Last edited:
I think there's a slight misunderstanding here - we don't just have pound and penny coins. There are 2p, 5p, 10p, 20p and 50p coins as well. We might not call it a dime, but we do have the equivalent coin.

[Added] In fact it's a good job. It appears that individual pennies are only legal tender up to 20p...
I don't get why a one-pence is only legal tender up to 20p...

When I was a kid working the drive-through window at Wendy's about midnight one night, just before close, a woman drove through and tried to pay for her order with a $100 bill. I told her,
"Ma'am, I apologize, but it is company policy not to accept fifty or hundred-dollar bills after ten PM. Do you have another way to pay?"
She pointed across the bill and read,
"Legal tender in ALL transactions, public and private."
I said,
"You are absolutely right, ma'am. F*** company policy. Have a great evening!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

What not to do if you get a bad Goodreads review

Rules For Submitting To Agents

Back