Important! MAJOR UPDATES SUMMARY

Self-publishing and Traditional publishing

The Future of Reading?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anything that helps keep Litopia going is fine by me. I don't get on as much as I'd like but when I do, I love it. This place is unique. And if life has taught me anything it's that if you want quality you have to pay for it.

I'd have used the submissions surgery in a second if I'd had the proper technological equipment but internet here in Spain can be a bit iffy when the wind blows through the mountains :) So I'm sorry to see it pass but look forward to whatever might replace it one day. I'll make sure I have something ready to go in the queue.

Thanks for everything you do, @AgentPete – your time, effort, expertise, industry contacts... all of it.

Ha! So true. They keep talking about bringing fibre to my corner of the mountains (so close to Madrid!), but the talk is longer than the cables, I reckon. :)
We have got fibre in our corner of the Spanish mountains (by the Med coast), but the weirdness of our walls means the WiFi is unpredictable. So I wouldn't trust the signal to behave unless I was cabled direct into the router. And even then, the speed of the broadband seems to yo-yo unhelpfully...not great when contemplating a live webcast!

I was a patron then my account got hacked or something - I'm not clear what or why, but it went to a large donation and then none, and I couldn't seem to change it. At that point, I was focused on non-writing things, so I just let it go. Now I'm back, signed up as a patron, and looking forward to finding old friends and making new ones. That alone is worth the cost. Thank you, Agent Pete for keeping this forum open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Self-publishing and Traditional publishing

The Future of Reading?

Back