Live Rejection by an Agent

‘Open Book Fountain’ in Budapest Flips Its Own Liquid Pages

43 Writing Contests in January 2020 - No entry fees

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting.
Confirms my worst fear: that these people are looking for a list of personal no-nos to give them the excuse to read no further. The most obvious of them are... obvious, but others are much less so.

I suppose it really drives home the necessity of crafting each submission super carefully to the individual agent, making sure it really is their type of work.
Not to mention making sure in the first place the basic submission is as faultless as you can make it.
And double double checking everything -- spelling! -- one last time before pressing 'Send'.

Very interesting, and almost exactly how I imagine it happening. Especially interesting as it's an agency I submitted too. I think it shows some obvious mistakes that can be made, but also how you just have to (to get past that first stage at least) find an agent who likes your core idea.

Very interesting, and almost exactly how I imagine it happening. Especially interesting as it's an agency I submitted too. I think it shows some obvious mistakes that can be made, but also how you just have to (to get past that first stage at least) find an agent who likes your core idea.
Yeah, he is now on my list to submit to. Perhaps I can personalise my letter by telling him I enjoyed his videos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

‘Open Book Fountain’ in Budapest Flips Its Own Liquid Pages

43 Writing Contests in January 2020 - No entry fees

Back