• Café Life is the Colony's main hangout, watering hole and meeting point.

This is a place where you'll meet and make writing friends, and indulge in stratospherically-elevated wit or barometrically low humour.

Some Colonists pop in religiously every day before or after work. Others we see here less regularly, but all are equally welcome. Two important grounds rules…

• Don't give offence
    • Don't take offence

We now allow political discussion, but strongly suggest it takes place in the Steam Room, which is a private sub-forum within Café Life. It’s only accessible to Full Members.

You can dismiss this notice by clicking the "x" box

Little Thrills

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Whybrow

I mentioned Bo's Café Life in another thread. Today's post from Wayne E. Pollard on the thrill of sending off a query made me smile, what with my own recent history of making 150 submissions and knowing that many other Colonists have been querying away with fingers crossed:

8mZ-vSDBa4h5ZnPOpNQHdobJuN5JItrcwklox_O6Ia8YgHPpSb27Xai4stRzHFlBapWbapWdT7haIS4kRAu9Ezseno7DYw1TVSWzdZO0YyocdUrw_0sA9aIH_5c=s0-d-e1-ft

Nervous as hell until I press the button, then huge wave of relief. Like jumping into the pool on those summer days here when it's only 15 degrees C (that's 60F for the Americans in the crowd)--the worst part is the anticipation...it's not so bad once you're in.

Status
Not open for further replies.