Flash Club Poll - February

Flash Club Poll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barbara

Emeritus
Nov 10, 2017
Cambridgeshire
Well, the first Litfest was tons of fun, and @Rainbird and myself are having withdrawal symptoms, so we've decided it's time to organise another gathering.

LitFest Vol II shall be held in London.

If you're interested in attending, please reply to this thread. Also, were trying to decide when to hold it, so I've added a poll at the top here where you can choose which month would be best for you. (Feel free to select all that would suit you). Once we've decided on the when, I shall start a private group and we'll organise the venue.

Some of you have already shown an interest for holding it in May (@Geoff, @Robert M Derry, @E G Logan), but you may prefer later in the year. Either way, may I ask you to vote here too, that would be lovely.

Let's gather.

HOW EXCITING!!

And @Rainbird, get baking, please.

Working on my recipes! Soaking fruit in the finest vegan sherry!! Working out how much foodstuffs I could smuggle in on the QT ;) And endeavoring to avoid all car accidents two weeks before, which would be nice.

Once we have a date, let's have a look at all the other things happening in London that weekend. I know there's an Aubrey Beardsley exhibition on, but it finishes up in May AFAIK, and Yeol Eum Son is playing in London in May too (don't know dates, these are wandering around my peripheral). Exhibitions/opera/ballet/gigs.... we are spoiled for choice! (and think of the food!!!!! :eek: )

It could be a literal feast for all the senses :shortcake: :beer-mug::wine-glass::artist-palette::musical-score::performing-arts:

I'm going to be up in Bristol on the weekend of 6th June, if that so happened to be the date, and could nip along. But a good long lead time would give me the chance to get a cheap train ticket anyway, whatever the date. What day of the week will it be? Saturday?

It could be a literal feast for all the senses :shortcake: :beer-mug::wine-glass::artist-palette::musical-score::performing-arts:
[/QUOTE]
I agree.

Sorry, Barbara, I think I'm replying to the wrong person. My absolute preference would probably be April rather than May (by a short head).

Wouldn't normally be in London around 6th June, but hey! If you go for that, I'll do it.

I've usually got quite a lot organised for September, but could probably do October, in case the vote goes for autumn.

We usually go back to the UK for a few weeks around the second half of July.... we always go to the WOMAD festival, which is on the last weekend in July, so wouldn't be able to do then. Don't try too hard to work it around me, but if we're in the UK at the time and I can possibly attend, I'll do my best to do so. :)

The poll seems to indicate May and October as being the preferred months. Perhaps, as @Barbara has alluded to, the Litfest could be held on both months?

I don't want to throw a spanner in the works, but it looks like there's a pretty good chance I'll be in England on Saturday April 18. I can't confirm that yet, but I thought I'd let you know, just in case...

I don't want to throw a spanner in the works, but it looks like there's a pretty good chance I'll be in England on Saturday April 18. I can't confirm that yet, but I thought I'd let you know, just in case...
oh oh oh oh, I'm sure we could throw a fest together at fairly short notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flash Club Poll - February

Flash Club Poll

Back