Fanfare! LITFEST 2023

Dates for LITFEST

• Total voters

Poll Zodiac Signs of Litopia

Question: Shall We Stop ChatGPT From Visiting the Colony?

Status
Not open for further replies.
April 22nd is the day before UNESCO World Book Day....just in case anyone hadn't pointed it out so far!

You'll have to raise a cup of kindness to Miguel de Cervantes (22nd April was his day of departure from this mortal coil) and Billy the Bard (23rd was his).

I'd already decided what to wear (in fact more than one decision to account for weather differences), but the money I'm waiting for hasn't come in yet and won't in time, so I'll have to bow out. :( I'll be there next year. (Thinking about wearing some nice tartan).

school girl jessica deahr GIF by Chicago Dance Crash

I'll be there after flying in from Dublin, checking into our hotel in Covent Garden. So around 3 or 4 o'clock. @Jonny what's going on In Northern Ireland? I saw an article about a terrorist threat? We hope to drive around there too.

I'll be there after flying in from Dublin, checking into our hotel in Covent Garden. So around 3 or 4 o'clock. @Jonny what's going on In Northern Ireland? I saw an article about a terrorist threat? We hope to drive around there too.

It's a precautionary measure, James. Because the time of year (Easter) carries a lot of emotional baggage. I would think it would in no way affect tourism though.

Also, it's the 25th anniversary of the Good Friday Agreement (April 10th) and with Joe Biden coming to town between 11th & 15th I think they are just boosting overall security.

Ok, private thread is up. I THINK I've got everyone who said a firm 'yes'.

Some of you said you'd let us know closer to the time / early April, so just shout, and I'll add you to the group as soon as you've decided. @Ancora Imparo ?

@Pamela Jo was that a 'no after all' from you? I have a vague recollection you mentioned somewhere that you couldn't make it after all. Please let me know too.
@Hannah F if things change and you can make it after all, shout.

Puppy photo will be required!
The Wolfhound society is meeting at the Heritage Park around the corner from us. They will come here for their picnic dinner and I will get my pup. April 16th. So photos and then of course introduction on Zoom. He is registered as Irish Knight, after a Carlow man killed at the Little Big Horn. I'm not sure what his everyday name is. I had thought of Collins (After the Big Fella.)336890165_593886216091700_2693021987153779859_n.jpg

Last edited:
The Wolfhound society is meeting at the Heritage Park around the corner from us. They will come here for their picnic dinner and I will get my pup. April 16th. So photos and then of course introduction on Zoom. He is registered as Irish Knight, after a Carlow man killed at the Little Big Horn. I'm not sure what his everyday name is. I had thought of Collins (After the Big Fella.)View attachment 15251
Looking forward to meetin' the pup!

Last edited:
Heartbroken:heart::cloud-with-rain: that I am not "authorised" to open my "Special Alert" about the London Litfest. I'm hoping it isn't something personal... like "Hey everyone, let's have a party. But don't tell Rachel, she's not invited."
Anyhow, whether you wanted me there or not, it makes no difference; I won't be able to come anyway. The coffers are well and truly empty so a trip to the UK is out of the question.
However, if you all want to come to me here in Lodeve (in the south of France), the local brothel :cat:is now a hotel and rather charming :kiss-mark:. Just a thought :p

Some of you said you'd let us know closer to the time / early April, so just shout, and I'll add you to the group as soon as you've decided. @Ancora Imparo ?
Only seen this by pure chance @Barbara! As usual, Litopia has chucked me off notifications. :rolleyes: Nobody tells me nuffink. :)

Sadly, I won't be able to make it – but I'll be there in spirit, wishing you all a fab time! Take lots of photos! Those pups look fantastic, @Pamela Jo I want them all!

Heartbroken:heart::cloud-with-rain: that I am not "authorised" to open my "Special Alert" about the London Litfest. I'm hoping it isn't something personal... like "Hey everyone, let's have a party. But don't tell Rachel, she's not invited."
Anyhow, whether you wanted me there or not, it makes no difference; I won't be able to come anyway. The coffers are well and truly empty so a trip to the UK is out of the question.
However, if you all want to come to me here in Lodeve (in the south of France), the local brothel :cat:is now a hotel and rather charming :kiss-mark:. Just a thought :p
Rachel, come sit by me on the not authorised couch! London's too far for my disability but I'm hoping for a Manchester or Liverpool meet up.

Just a quick note to anyone who currently doesn't have access to the private Litfest thread.

You'll be pleased to know, there's no grand conspiracy. :D The reason we made a separate private group, is simple.

It's a numbers thing. We need to know how many will attend so we can tell the restaurant in advance how many of us will descend on them and how large a table we need. Equally, we don't want to book a massive table then only 4 show up. We wouldn't want to do that to the restaurant.

Anyone who wishes to attend the Litfest, simply post in this thread here or PM me, and I'll add you to the private group.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Poll Zodiac Signs of Litopia

Question: Shall We Stop ChatGPT From Visiting the Colony?

Back