Life got in the way again

Book Marketing Forecast Tips for 2016...

L

Money, Medicine & Marijuana

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mark Odell

I was supposed to move to London to get writing done. As it stands, I have a few edited stories and very little else. The realisation that London is little more than work, eat, sleep has not been lost on me even when I have been tour guiding.

I also realised I have little to no career in London, bar a job at a market and some season tour work which only really picks up in the summer. So, I am turning over a new leaf. I have applied for and gotten onto a history teaching course at the University of Exeter starting September, and I am already preparing to move back down to the South West of the country with my fiance - and come February I will be living in the South West again.

Unfortunately, London did little for me. I'm going to miss my friends and giving guided tours, but it's something that needs to happen.

And hopefully I'll be able to write again :)

Good luck with that. I'd prefer to stay away from big cities myself, I find the country far more inspiring for the purposes of writing. Traffic noise would also be distracting, unless maybe you were writing a murder mystery set in a city. Still, for me the country would be better even if I was writing that, like I just did with the last novel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Book Marketing Forecast Tips for 2016...

L

Money, Medicine & Marijuana

Back