Dandelion Break Lets call this COFFEE BREAK

News Jezebel's Scary Stories Comp

Inspiration! Just Babbling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed about yuck, but in the traditional Japanese tea ceremony, one uses a specially cut bamboo whisk to dissolve the powder into either a thin tea or a thick tea, koicha or usucha. So it is not just green slimy lumps floating in a teacup. And there are always the tea sweets to melt away the after-taste.

Years ago, I had a romantic involvement with a master of the tea ceremony. Yes, it was like having a PhD in tea, and she had worked years to earn it. When the head of the Urasanke school met her, he hugged her, and in public. Very special. Like being hugged by a president or emperor.

Anyway, one of my current writer friends in 83 and has all her wits and energy about her. Drinks green tea every day and has for decades.

Yes * leanr
Agreed about yuck, but in the traditional Japanese tea ceremony, one uses a specially cut bamboo whisk to dissolve the powder into either a thin tea or a thick tea, koicha or usucha. So it is not just green slimy lumps floating in a teacup. And there are always the tea sweets to melt away the after-taste.

Years ago, I had a romantic involvement with a master of the tea ceremony. Yes, it was like having a PhD in tea, and she had worked years to earn it. When the head of the Urasanke school met her, he hugged her, and in public. Very special. Like being hugged by a president or emperor.

Anyway, one of my current writer friends in 83 and has all her wits and energy about her. Drinks green tea every day and has for decades.
Yes I learned to like green tea in Japan. It was always served to me pretty weak at every office and home I went to. That may be the key. But yes. There is a Yuk factor. Strangely when I was young I could not tolerate coffee at all, but now I can enjoy a cup to get me going. Green tea is supposed to replenish an enzyme in your liver that coffee burns up.

Yes * leanr

Yes I learned to like green tea in Japan. It was always served to me pretty weak at every office and home I went to. That may be the key. But yes. There is a Yuk factor. Strangely when I was young I could not tolerate coffee at all, but now I can enjoy a cup to get me going. Green tea is supposed to replenish an enzyme in your liver that coffee burns up.
Strange. Research has shown that coffee (the caffeinated kind) is actually good for the liver. It protects against fatty liver disease and cirrhosis.

Strange. Research has shown that coffee (the caffeinated kind) is actually good for the liver. It protects against fatty liver disease and cirrhosis.
Then I'm, on the right track. I drink 3-4 cups a day!
Good Morning Drinking GIF by University of Phoenix

The liver has a store of glucose energy. So coffee would make me run around like a manic toddler then keel over with low blood sugar. In the past I had to avoid all sugar, white flour, rice etc and caffeine. When I went to Japan tho I could handle green tea. After awhile I developed a taste for it. As I did Nattoo which Is undeniably YUK. Turns out nattookinase regulates blood pressure and all kinds of other stuff. One of those things where your body starts to crave what does it good.

Last edited:
i've never actually tried any type of tea, other than sweet tea a few years ago (which i did NOT like). and i'm not very keen on coffee either... but now this thread is making me wonder if i should hop on the bandwagon!

i've never actually tried any type of tea, other than sweet tea a few years ago (which i did NOT like). and i'm not very keen on coffee either... but now this thread is making me wonder if i should hop on the bandwagon!
Let your body enjoy being stimulant free for awhile longer. Until uni at least and you're dancing all night and need to make an 8am class.

I don't like coffee or normal tea either & I'm not that interested in food so I don't suffer from food cravings. I think I'll stick to my cappuccino and wine. I eat very little in the way of sugar, so I think my liver will cope.

In Uni, I never needed to take stimulants. Exercise first thing was the endorphin producing wake-up routine for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

News Jezebel's Scary Stories Comp

Inspiration! Just Babbling

Back