Learning from Reviews...

Be Careful When Submitting!

Gahhh! Dialling The Number of the Beast

Status
Not open for further replies.
My venture in YA writing, On Parson's Creek was released last September. It received some excellent reviews for which I was very grateful, but this week, I was notified that a review was posted in the Summer Issue (no. 31) of The Clockwise Cat Literary Magazine, page 101... It was posted by UK-based author J.S. Watts, whose name a few of you may recognize. It was an incredible, in-depth look at that book that actually taught me things about the writing and the influences working on the story that I hadn't fully awakened to until I read the review. It surprised me. The reviewer seemed to "get" it even more than I did when writing it. Have any other Litopians had similar experiences with a review? Of course, I learn what I can from bad reivews, but I never learned from a good one before!

Not with a review, but with feedback on work in progress. The reader adds something, or finds something you hadn't quite realized was there. Fascinating, can make you wonder if you've missed a trick, or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Be Careful When Submitting!

Gahhh! Dialling The Number of the Beast

Back