Kurt Vonnegut graphed the world’s most popular stories

J

Personal research

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jennifer Stone

Good Day, my dears.
I was pondering my novel and characters, realizing that two of my creations exist in real life. I know some authors worlds do come to life in a mentally imaginative way. I wrote my full manuscript over two years ago, and have now work with someone who embodies one of my Priestesses. Also one of my characters owns a ginger tabby cat called Kenneth, intentionally named after one of my close friends. However, just under a year ago, one of my other friends bought me a kitten, a male ginger tabby I named Ares. I'm astounded by the coincidences, I can't say the person influenced my character development as I didn't know her then. Even her name isn't too different!
My Ares is only 4 months old in this pic, he's now just under 10 months and still a little nightmare!

Attachments

• DSC_0022.JPG
    DSC_0022.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 4
I have such a soft spot for ginger cats, I adore them! I want to give Ares all the cuddles! :p I don't think there are any people I actually know who I could say were like my characters, but celebrities, for sure! Weirdly, I could see Death as either Tim Curry or Liam Neeson! And uh, I don't really see any similarities in those men! I think that I see my dad in some of the older, wiser and sweeter characters I write, though. And my main character Sophie, her pet fanganhoardens are based on my ferrets, even though originally her pets were rats! :eek:

Love your wee cat! I would have loved a ginger tom but ended up wioth my three maniacs instead, a black tabby (yes she has stripes) and a blue tabby, who are sisters and Nym who is 1/2 scottish wild cat ;) I'm not even joking... that one was a whoopsie lol.

Oh I have loads of characters based on real people or animals... animals in particular. Prima the unicorn is directly taken from my filly also named Prima (only when cleam she gleams a opalescent cream colour;) )
11017050_349752181875757_8765344641190891426_o.jpg

Schade (a Russian shadowcat) is based on our wee Magicat
1528499_318927248291584_37168762751598030_n.jpg

John's mount Zola is directly based on my friend's mare Jovie (the aunt and surrogate mum of our colt Tumshie, who sadly passed away 3 weeks after we got him)
10999816_10155177774040582_487635299745747772_n.jpg

Gosh there are loads more. People wise, a lot of my characters are based on myself but a small aspect of my personality twisted and exasperated. Several others are based on different parts of my hubby's personality too. And some are based on how I think my kids will be when they are older. Two or three are based on actual bullies or really nasty bosses I have known in my life up until now.

@1408 I have a list of who would play every character in my books haha! the personalities are taken from real folk, the looks are cherry picked to match the looks I want for the character... like Ava is Scarlet Johansen.

What absolute beauts your animals are @Karen Gray ! :)

Jovie isn't mine but I have a menagerie all my own, 3 thundercats, a wild scottish ned dog that runs like the wind and now a herd of 5, who seem to still be grieving for wee tum tum. I'm not surprised, he was only a baby after all.

Although she's nicked poor Bess' jousting outfit! meh, I'm switching to horseback archery anyway lol

@Karen Gray I even read "based on a friend's mare" and still said yours! D'oh! :eek: Lovely anyway! :p

That's very sad about Tumshie and I wouldn't be surprised at all if that's the case. :( Tumshie is a great name by the way. :) I just googled it, is it a Scottish word for turnip or am I being lied to?!

no that's right. His show name was Knokandhu Egan which means Knokanddhu little flame but we felt he was more of a wee Tumshie ;) Poor wee thing. He just wasn't meant to live, he didn't get colostrum as a teeny baby and Jovie fostered him with his half brother. Just wasn't meant to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurt Vonnegut graphed the world’s most popular stories

J

Personal research

Back