The Amazon Effect

Letter from Ravello

Status
Not open for further replies.

HDKeller

Basic
Sep 21, 2018
Ohio
Good morning everyone! I have recently joined the Litopia Colony and just wanted to say hello. Can you tell me what you believe is the best experience you have had since you joined this writing community?

Hello :) I joined in 2014. Before that, I was a member of a previous version. Time is precious. So is energy. It's my one and only go-to writing hangout. There's a lot to learn here from other people, writers in other fields, writers in your own, Some days are busier than others and you too, are a creator of content here if you stay...I hope you will. There is the odd bit of banter, and it's a passionate bunch of folk, as you'd imagine; passionate about their writing, but mostly people manage not to wreck the joint or fall out with anyone - and then there are the Pop-Ups! Did anyone mention the Pop-Ups with Peter, aka @AgentPete? Watch on Sunday evening at 6.00 GMT and if GMT doesn't work for your diary there in Ohio, you'll still be able to see the recorded version here afterwards.

Last edited:
Welcome! :)

I'm also a crossover from the "old" Litopia. This is the best online writing community I've ever found, and I've done a lot of looking. I originally joined in 2010 and was published by 2011. I'm creeping close to 100 releases, and it's because of Litopia that I got my first break at all. The contacts I've made here, plus the critique of my writing, have been invaluable.

Be sure to check out all this place has to offer, and please don't hesitate to ask questions. :)

Good morning everyone! I have recently joined the Litopia Colony and just wanted to say hello. Can you tell me what you believe is the best experience you have had since you joined this writing community?
Welcome! If you are asking how the Colony has been most helpful to me, I would say that the clear-sighted and hard-headed analysis provided by Agent Pete has been uniquely valuable.

Welcome! :)

I'm also a crossover from the "old" Litopia. This is the best online writing community I've ever found, and I've done a lot of looking. I originally joined in 2010 and was published by 2011. I'm creeping close to 100 releases, and it's because of Litopia that I got my first break at all. The contacts I've made here, plus the critique of my writing, have been invaluable.

Be sure to check out all this place has to offer, and please don't hesitate to ask questions. :)
Congratulations on your publications! I can only hope to be that successful.

Hello :) I joined in 2014. Before that, I was a member of a previous version. Time is precious. So is energy. It's my one and only go-to writing hangout. There's a lot to learn here from other people, writers in other fields, writers in your own, Some days are better than others and you too, are a creator of content here if you stay...I hope you will. There is the odd bit of banter, and it's a passionate bunch of folk, as you'd imagine; passionate about their writing, but mostly people manage not to wreck the joint or fall out with anyone, and then there are the Pop-Ups. Did anyone mention the Pop-Ups? Watch on Sunday evening at 6.00 GMT and if GMT doesn't work for your diary there in Ohio, you'll still be able to see the recorded version here afterwards.

I have seen some of the past Pop-Ups. Can't wait to see the next one. I am also excited to revel in the banter of other writers.

Welcome, and I agree with everything that has been said already. It's a great place to learn and hang out. The colony has become my first choice venue for help and support, but also to get valuable feeback on my work. The flash club has made me write stuff I wouldn't normally attempt. Glad you joined us.

Welcome! I'm not here long but already have learned so much in that short space of time. The Pop-Ups are just brilliant, and the social side too :)

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5saXZlc2NpZW5jZS5jb20vaW1hZ2VzL2kvMDAwLzA3Ni81ODkvb3JpZ2luYWwvcHVkdS1kZWVyLkpQRw==

Welcome to the colony! Looks like you've already gotten a taste of what the colony is like. I appreciate the discussions on a wide range of writerly topics. Also the feedback is the best you'll find anywhere--thoughtful and supportive, but still brutally honest.

Welcome, and I agree with everything that has been said already. It's a great place to learn and hang out. The colony has become my first choice venue for help and support, but also to get valuable feeback on my work. The flash club has made me write stuff I wouldn't normally attempt. Glad you joined us.
Thank you.

Welcome to the Colony! It's an encouraging place to be. Writers have to learn resilience to keep on going, and being in the company of other loner writers on this forum provides you with much-needed hope and inspiration.

Hiya HD!
As well as the invaluable advice mentioned above (the learning curve has been steep, but satisfying) I've been especially grateful for the writerly pats on the shoulder post-rejection and the encouragement to keep going. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Amazon Effect

Letter from Ravello

Back