Is this where I intro?

Seriously?

Author vs Literary Agent

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

ralph hoyte

Hi Y'all, just discovered Litopia (where HAVE I been???). Hope this is right place to intro; if not, forgive: I'm Ralph Hoyte, Bristol-based full-time writer, poet and GPS-triggered literary app producer for the smartphone (see SATSYMPH). I make (what passes for) 'a living' mainly off commissions. It's all on MY WEBSITE . What I really really want to do is get my latest novel, '3S10 - The Saving Remnant' published. Yeh. Hot shit. That's it.

Thank you for welcome! Off today to build SATSYMPH Lit App no 4 for the South Dorset Ridgeway Landscape Partnership. Mayhap have a few conversations on digital lit (I created the world's first audio-play for an intelligent environment way back in, oh, 2004 > 1831 RIOT, for Mobile Bristol); and then there's, what was it called, ah ... 3S10. That's: 3S10. Yes, 3S10

Hi Robinne. 'Digital Lit'? Sure, when I get back; next week

Cold, wet n' windy 3 days in South Dorset building located, site-specific literary apps 4 & 5 for the South Dorset Ridgeway Landscape Partnership with my SATSYMPH collaborators. Wandering around idyllic quintessentially English churchyard of Winterborne Came thinking "I'm getting (well) paid to do this!" Must put up 'digital lit' thread when I figure out where and how, if people interested. Anyway, I was sort of commenting during downtime over the w/end that a well-respected agent had told me basically that 'publishers are only interested in books by celebs nowadays'. Other Litopians poo-poo'd, but then (Serendipity Rules!) the same headline pitched up on Twitter re. children's books, something along the line of 'professional authors angry that publishers only interested in books by celebs' (can't find it now). Ah, turned up: SLEBS. So I'm really thinking that I need to self-publish 3S10, because:
  1. its themes of NHS politics, assisted dying, the ageing crisis, the crisis in social care, bed-blocking, even its AI themes are NOW. Even IF I find an agent, AND she finds a publisher AND it gets published, that's 2-5 years down the road. By then we'll all be dead and gorn or living in caves on rotting sheep... :(
  2. I've got nothing special to do for the next 20 years, so may as well....
Gathering advice and materials re. KDP and Create-Space and been thinking about transmedia publishing for ages anyway. Any useful comments? Thanks!

Soundpools of literary content overlaid over Bronkham Barrows high on the South Dorset Ridgeway, hear them with your smartphone only on location>>>

bronkhambarrows-after.jpg

Other Litopians poo-poo'd,

I don't think anyone poo poo'd! I certainly didn't. I was merely pointing out that things aren't quite as bad as you think. Celebrity books sell but they're not the only books publishers are acquiring. Deals are being announced all the time and many of them are debuts by total unknowns.

I don't think anyone poo poo'd! I certainly didn't. I was merely pointing out that things aren't quite as bad as you think. Celebrity books sell but they're not the only books publishers are acquiring. Deals are being announced all the time and many of them are debuts by total unknowns.
many thanks, didn't really mean '"poo poo'd", my rhetoric got carried away with itself!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seriously?

Author vs Literary Agent

Back