Introduction

D

Note of thanks

Another Open Submissions Opportunity

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sharonlind

I'm not sure if this is the place to post an introduction, but I'm assuming it is. If there is another forum for newbies to introduce themselves, please let me know!

My name is Sharon Lindenburger and I'm from London, Ontario, Canada. I am an author, editor, and teacher of creative writng. I recently went back to university (Western University, London, ON) to complete a PhD in English Literature. I returned as a "mature student,"i.e., I'm older than most of the other students in the program, and it's been interesting to say the least!

I would like to connect with writers, editors, teachers, etc.--all who love working with words. Both writing and editing can be a solitary pursuit, and thus it's really great to have a venue in which to share views, ideas, dreams, hopes, fears, inspiration, etc.--in short, to be part of a supportive literary community.

I look forward to participating here and getting to know other members.

Best,
Sharon

Last edited:
Welcome! I guess we all need to stop throwing paper airplanes now--the teacher stepped into the room! ;) (@Jason Byrne, this means you!)
You'll find Litopia a lovely place full of supportive people, even if we do stray off topic much of the time.

No, no....please keep throwing the paper airplanes...writers do need some fun, right? In the writing workshop I teach in my home city, there is a lot of laughter. Sometimes fooling around results in some of the best work!

Welcome to the community that is The Colony, Sharon. We're a helpful lot, who enjoy a bit of banter - and even if there's dissent, it's always helpful to read someone else's point of view. As the sage advice goes - If you're a member of a group where everyone agrees, then you're not in a community, you've joined a cult!

Welcome, I'm glad we can still throw paper planes, I've designed quite a few! Some of them even have words on them, but that's another story. Some people are quite crazy around here - I'm perfectly sane.... lol ;)

Welcome! I guess we all need to stop throwing paper airplanes now--the teacher stepped into the room! ;) (@Jason Byrne, this means you!)
You'll find Litopia a lovely place full of supportive people, even if we do stray off topic much of the time.
Bigger praying mantes have tried, Robinne.
No, no....please keep throwing the paper airplanes...writers do need some fun, right? In the writing workshop I teach in my home city, there is a lot of laughter. Sometimes fooling around results in some of the best work!
There see — teach says it's okay.

Sharon your warmness and considerable wisdom are most welcome; I very much look forward to learning from you, and I promise you that we are all here out of a thirst for intellectual connection and an eagerness to share views, ideas, dreams, hopes, fears, inspiration, and Oxford commas. But sometimes we just start sentences with conjunctions and talk about cake and camels.

Bigger praying mantes have tried, Robinne.

There see — teach says it's okay.

Sharon your warmness and considerable wisdom are most welcome; I very much look forward to learning from you, and I promise you that we are all here out of a thirst for intellectual connection and an eagerness to share views, ideas, dreams, hopes, fears, inspiration, and Oxford commas. But sometimes we just start sentences with conjunctions and talk about cake and camels.
Sounds good to me! I'm not here in any official teaching role, but would be very happy to be of assistance wherever I can, and to have some fun with all of you. And I too frequently start sentences with conjunctions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Note of thanks

Another Open Submissions Opportunity

Back