K

splitting a novel

Help! Query letter: Building a brand

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Darlene

Hello everyone,

There is a reminder that scrolls across the top of the page saying I should introduce myself, so here I am.

My name is Darlene. I am a writer who's been hiding out and playing hooky for a little while.

I have three novels currently available [all from small, independent, traditional publishers] and a book of poetry that received a publishing contract after I won a contest.

Somewhere along the way I got tired of working relentlessly to promote my work and hoping that I'd sell enough books to pay my gas bill back home again. I decided that I needed to make some money and feed myself so I got preoccupied with my day job, which is teaching. I'm an art teacher and then I decided that I needed to open a martial arts school, mainly so I'd have some place to train in my tiny Appalachian town. In the process, I offer classes for other people, too.

Now, I'm still painting and teaching and training in martial arts, but I realized that my writing has suffered, my first love was left behind and I'm ready to re-embrace her and start anew. Or maybe go back and pick up some "old" things that I have never really gotten off the ground.

At any rate, I really look forward to getting to know all of you and I thank you, Pete, for letting me be a part of Litopia.

Thanks for the welcomes everyone. Nicole, I write a lot of modern fiction, mostly set in the South. I also write poetry. However, my first attempts at writing were in the Science Fiction genre.

so now it's my turn to welcome a newcomer.
Hi Darlene, I'm a bit of a new-boy myself. a word in your ear, they seem like a nice bunch here but don't tell anyone I told you. don't want it to go to their heads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

splitting a novel

Help! Query letter: Building a brand

Back