• Café Life is the Colony's main hangout, watering hole and meeting point.

This is a place where you'll meet and make writing friends, and indulge in stratospherically-elevated wit or barometrically low humour.

Some Colonists pop in religiously every day before or after work. Others we see here less regularly, but all are equally welcome. Two important grounds rules…

• Don't give offence
    • Don't take offence

We now allow political discussion, but strongly suggest it takes place in the Steam Room, which is a private sub-forum within Café Life. It’s only accessible to Full Members.

You can dismiss this notice by clicking the "x" box

Welcome… I’m New Here! I'm back

Select this prefix to introduce yourself here!

Dorm Ant

Basic
LitBits
I was a member of Litopia, years ago, and loved it. Then it seemed to disappear. After stumbling across the new-look site, I've re-joined with enthusiasm.

I'm a published vegan cookbook and guide book writer and ex press officer for a charity, hoping to break into fiction. I've edited a few graphic novel scripts for friends, and am in the process of self-publishing one of my own; ANIMUS. What I'd love more than anything is to have my first "proper" novel manuscript published. It's an animal-rights themed thriller, set in London and the Peak District. It's written partly from personal experience of going undercover to film animal cruelty. Anyway, while I try and get the attention of agents, I'm working on the sequel, Northern Wings. I hope to find a chapter-swap buddy, here.

I'm a 47-year-old woman, spending the summer in SW Wales, though hope to move back to NW England or Scotland within a few months. Besides writing, I love gardening, guinea pigs, vegan cooking and exploring the hills.

Hi, welcome, and please tell me more about the guinea pigs.
Xxx VH
I never set out to get rare breed ones; I just go to the rescue and take whatever piggy happens to need a home. I always seem to end up with striking looking ones, though. My current two are Sergio, who has a very dense, wooly coat like a sheep fleece, and Pablo, who looks like a white mop with goth mascara and lipstick.

Welcome back, @SM Worsey! Your books sound very interesting. And Sergio and Pablo sound great too. I've had rescue dogs but nothing smaller. Hope your move goes well and you find more hills to explore.

Welcome back, @SM Worsey! Your books sound very interesting. And Sergio and Pablo sound great too. I've had rescue dogs but nothing smaller. Hope your move goes well and you find more hills to explore.
Thank you. I'm living in a boring place on a main road at the moment (though the Black Mountains are nearby), though I'm waiting for confirmation that I'll be house-sitting a new build eco home in the Scottish Highlands for two years, while the owner goes abroad. Then I can be all reclusive, like a proper writer.

Sounds like heaven to me! The Highlands are beautiful in any weather, just a shame the default setting is soooooo wet :) (Scots lass here. Had to head south in search of the sun). I hope you get confirmation soon, wherever it is. Glencoe is my favourite. Those mountains! :)

Very pleased to have you back, @SM Worsey! I always get a particular kick when previous Litopians find us again! You'll notice lots of changes. Hope you manage to join a Huddle, look forward to talking.

Very pleased to have you back, @SM Worsey! I always get a particular kick when previous Litopians find us again! You'll notice lots of changes. Hope you manage to join a Huddle, look forward to talking.
I will do. I've been away in a hut in the woods most of this week, though I'm back in reach of a computer, and it's on my "To Do" list...

Back