Question: If wishes were fishes...

Inspiration! Dialogue tips...and a story

Question: I have so many editing questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was recently wondering the same thing, Stacey. Wouldn't that be cool? I enjoy a few Discord writing groups and can pop in and out on my phone, same with Slack.

It keeps trying to access my camera when I'm not even using Discord
So many apps do this, and it drives me crazy. I normally unplug my camera when I'm not using it, but my webcam isn't attached. For laptops with webcams, it would be a pain to constantly be opening Settings to allow/deny permissions of apps when you are/aren't using them.

Wish this was in app form, too. Are there any plans for the future? Does anyone know?
So - I have found a workaround for this @StaceyDale - As a computer person, I suspect you already know such things, but as a boomer I'm so proud of myself I am sharing anyway: 1) I opened and logged in on my phone, then 2) hit "Save (page) to Home Screen ... and 3) voila... a pseudo-Litopia app (i.e., ICON) appears right next to all my other home screen apps (Icon). No fuss, no muss, and no logging in again. It's Litopia-on-the-go

Last edited:
There is actually a way for doing this without rewriting the entire website or building an app. Apps, like websites, have to be maintained, and I do not think anyone in the colony wants Agent Pete to expend energy on such a project.

When I look at Litopia on my tiny iPhone S screen, it looks fine. Or is this question simply how to save that view to the home screen?

Last edited:
According to the homepage of Xenforo (whose platform powers this forum) they have made their application to work well on any platform.

And I must say, that I don't imagine an app would be all that different from running litopia in browser on your phone. It looks clean and obviously has a menu structure that suits a phone. Xenforo complain that there are few things they can't do, like notifications and badging.

I you want an icon on your homescreen that takes you to Litopia, it is easily done, but I'm sure I could make it sound complicated, so I suggest you search for something like: adding website to homescreen (add ios, android or whatever you are using)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inspiration! Dialogue tips...and a story

Question: I have so many editing questions.

Back