How do you keep track of your novel's inner world...?

UK Reading Habits

Just get writing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooh, let us know how you get on!

I went and signed up to the NaNo website, but I must admit, unless I can get my current WIP's first draft finished before November, that will take priority.

Mind you, I've only got about 15K to go, so I might just make it....

Good luck! And yes, you're right – concentrate on finishing the current one.

I'm going to take an old ms and completely rework it. Been threatening to do it for years. I've signed up now, but when I clicked on the find buddy button it locks me out and takes me back to Sign In. :D Ah well. I will try again tomorrow :)

first draft finished before
You can use the current WIP or editing or any element of getting a story finished. I've used NaNo once for editing a final first draft - kept me focused. And I couldn't find you in NaNo, so I leave it to you ... Ooooh, I think I found you ...

I've signed up now,
I found three buddies on NaNoWriMo with this name, so I sent an invite to the most recent sign-up!

Last edited by a moderator:
I found three buddies on NaNoWriMo with this name, so I sent an invite to the most recent sign-up!
[/QUOTE]

Great, thanks! I found you! And Rachel. It still keeps locking me out every time I press a button it doesn't like, but I'm persevering and finding my way around.
I'll look for you too, @KateESal – but it might take a while :)

Great – thanks, @KateESal. Whenever I looked for you, I was either locked out (!) or there was no way to request Buddy. I think they're having a lot of problems with their new software... if the forums are anything to go by. They're locking out loads of people! :)

Found this on Twitter and it occurred to me to those who have the Windows Office suite, it could be another useful tool for tracking a novel's inner world.

I never thought about using Power Point in this way (but I suspect one or two of you are ahead of me....)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UK Reading Habits

Just get writing

Back