Horrible English

In Defence of Study for Study's Sake

The Power of the Lullaby

Status
Not open for further replies.
I came across this under the heading "why is everyone talking about tronc" With the bar pushed so high now for creative writing how is it that such stuff can still be written?

In a press release, the company said that tronc Inc would be “a content curation and monetization company focused on creating and distributing premium, verified content across all channels”.

The name, according to the release, is a shortening of Tribune Online Content.

“tronc pools the company’s leading media brands and leverages innovative technology to deliver personalized and interactive experiences to its 60m monthly users,”

Such verbosity is a fine example of someone trying to make something out of nothing. It's the sort of pretentious language that Private Eye, the British satirical magazine features in its Pseuds' Corner section.

It also reminded me of the Buzzword Bingo game, where bored participants spot a speaker using trendy language as a way of disguising their lack of knowledge.

Amazing how many words it can take to say next to nothing.
I've lost count of the amount of companies I've seen who claim to leverage innovative technology. Usually, it's either bells and whistles on old technology, or they're trying to get something new to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

In Defence of Study for Study's Sake

The Power of the Lullaby

Back