Hmmm… Is this the same story again?

Christmas Book List, What Do We Think of this Mix?

Quoting Song Lyrics in Your Book

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does it mean the suthor couldn't really come up with new ideas, and just redid the old one? Sounds like they have lost the tread, and maybe the apple too ;)

I'm going to reserve judgment on this one. Twilight has spawned so many fan-fiction spin-offs that there is a reader base who will be all over this with a fine comb, and one which will be very intolerant of a book that doesn't do justice to the original. Meyer is writing this for Twilight "experts" and that's a lot to live up to.
Having read and enjoyed all the Twilight books, I think I find the idea interesting enough to warrant using this book for one of my monthly audible credits. Meyer is also making no secret that this is a celebratory title for the fans; it's supposed to be the same story, through a twisted lens. That's the attraction for people like me who have come to really care about the characters.
Caveat on all this - I do know the writing isn't great. It's full of lazy adjectives and in my opinion needs a good edit and re-draft. But the story is still brilliant, and I still maintain that the Twilight Movies are better than the Starwars movies (An opinion my son will never forgive me for).

Um, okay. I only wondered if it was the same story. Sounds like it is, and sounds like it was planned that way. Thanks for the info, @David Steele.
Seems like my response was out of step with what you'd expected. To be honest I think this is potentially interesting as a debate, so I'd welcome disagreement on this one. Just how far can authors expect their fans' loyalty to take them? At what point is it sheer exploitation?
Surely somebody must be rolling their eyes at this idea?

Seems like my response was out of step with what you'd expected. To be honest I think this is potentially interesting as a debate, so I'd welcome disagreement on this one. Just how far can authors expect their fans' loyalty to take them? At what point is it sheer exploitation?
Surely somebody must be rolling their eyes at this idea?

I roll my eyes at twilight in general. Perhaps we writers shouldn't assume our readers will buy anything with our name on it, we are more than a brand. We are our own flagships! Hoist your pennants wisely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Book List, What Do We Think of this Mix?

Quoting Song Lyrics in Your Book

Back