Hello :)

You and Your Manuscript

2016 Bristol Short Story Prize

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're continually so awesome, are you really awesome at all?

awesome.jpg

We'll pass the torch today. :p

Is... this the "Living with Jason" group therapy room?

I can tell you all from close personal experience that his feet smell, and that he is the single-most nightmarish driver you'll ever ride with...

Oh-ho-ho! I wasn't event thinking of mentioning your smelly feet (which, by the way, are horrific.) I do think it would be fun to tell some of your secrets. :p

Here we go!

First, I am sure we can all identify with a part of this. Those moments when you are just so tired that every other word that comes out of your mouth comes out wrong, regardless of how right it is in your head?! Well, do not, under any circumstance, mock Jason or chuckle when it happens to him. He will get extremely angry, red in the face, and demand that you explain to him why you would make fun of him.

Let's talk about Bear Grylls. I am a decoy wife. Why would Jason need a decoy wife? Well. Jason needs a decoy wife so the world doesn't catch on to his infatuation with Bear Grylls. Don't get me wrong, Jason loves women... But! If Bear was standing next to Anne Hathaway and Jason had to choose... Sorry Anne!
Jason doesn't only want to BE Bear, I am convinced he thinks he IS Bear.

To be continued....

Here we go!

First, I am sure we can all identify with a part of this. Those moments when you are just so tired that every other word that comes out of your mouth comes out wrong, regardless of how right it is in your head?! Well, do not, under any circumstance, mock Jason or chuckle when it happens to him. He will get extremely angry, red in the face, and demand that you explain to him why you would make fun of him.

Let's talk about Bear Grylls. I am a decoy wife. Why would Jason need a decoy wife? Well. Jason needs a decoy wife so the world doesn't catch on to his infatuation with Bear Grylls. Don't get me wrong, Jason loves women... But! If Bear was standing next to Anne Hathaway and Jason had to choose... Sorry Anne!

To be continued....
What a great undercover operation. Get to actually be Bear Grylls? Cool. :)

Here we go!

To be continued....
I knew it!

Here we go!

To be continued....
I would make beautiful hook-nosed babies with Bear Grylls. No joke. And I would punch a baby koala for making fun of fumbling my words.

All right, Kat. Well we know a lot about Jason, what about you? What do you do? What do you like to read? And my biggest question: did you draw your profile pic and the header on your twitter? Cuz they're gorgeous.
AHA! Tables.

Turned. Let's talk about SWEETIE!
Hey, I did all the talking for you. Your turn.
Mwahahaha!
Okay... I'm game...

Sweetie works in purchasing for an interior design firm — pictured below is from her office:
tp6.png

She is interested in Paulo Coelho books (holy crap I spelled it right), Lifetime movies and HGTV, the history of the Holocaust, and Jane Austen in a big way.
In general, she really gets into a "real" story, ones that did or could actually happen, like "The Imitation Game," "Gone Girl," or "Pride and Prejudice." Which is perfect, because that's exactly what I write about!

The profile pic is one she found online and loves because it's apropos for her life right now, withdrawing from much of her online presence while she dives into a lifestyle of health, fitness, and meditation, and comes out transformed. In the meantime, this is kind of what we see of her, something partway between woman and chrysalis.

Thanks Lex! I can assure you that Jason is the insanity around here. The man has chaos running through his veins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

You and Your Manuscript

2016 Bristol Short Story Prize

Back