Hello

Robin Williams, RIP

The Age Of Stars Is Drawing To A Close - Maybe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings :) I'm brand new, enjoying the friendly atmosphere here. Lovely to meet you.

Thank you!
Hi
Welcome! What are you working on at the moment, writing-wise?
MJ
Thank you too for the welcome. I have my third novel out on submission. It's a rough time - it got to the editor's meeting (or whatever it's called) with a UK publisher, but they decided to reject because they'd published something similar recently. Now it's with a US publisher who asked for a "revise and resubmit". I've done that, and I just heard they'll respond to me in November (sigh - it all takes a veeerrrryyy long time, doesn't it?).

Third novel, very impressive! Did you first cut your teeth on short stories, or did you go straight to full-length? And having had two novels successfully published, did you think about self-publishing the third on the back of the pre-existing publicity / reader base?

Third novel, very impressive! Did you first cut your teeth on short stories, or did you go straight to full-length? And having had two novels successfully published, did you think about self-publishing the third on the back of the pre-existing publicity / reader base?

Hi Marc,

Well - the first two novels are published by small presses in the States. I'm trying to get a "larger" publisher for the third one. I think I would try self-publishing in the future. Actually, I know someone who is with a large publishing house but she also self-publishes some books and does very well with them. It might be a good idea to mix things.

Hi Sue - welcome back! And good luck placing your third novel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robin Williams, RIP

The Age Of Stars Is Drawing To A Close - Maybe

Back