Hello, new here

O

Fanfare! Greatest Honor EVER!

Two free writers' events in Bristol (UK)

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Meerkat

Hello, I am a freelance editor and writer. I just quit my corporate job three weeks ago because I couldn't not do what I love any longer. I have been writing since I was 8, and I have been doing editing work for five years.

Also, I just wrote a story draft at lunch, but I'm trying not to get excited about it.

Welcome to the community. It's tough throwing the job, but it does prove you are committed, so good luck ;)

Welcome! What kind of editing do you do? I will need an editor at some point, but not ready to be criticised yet.....

Greetings, everyone here is friendly and helpful, I've found this place a haven of sound advice.

Hello, I"m new here. There's not much to tell. I love to read and I love to write. I thought this might be a good place to connect with like minded people. Looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Welcome! What kind of editing do you do? I will need an editor at some point, but not ready to be criticised yet.....

Hi Marc! Is that a Rothko print as your avatar?

I accept everything but erotica. I've done fantasy/sci-fi, non-fiction, general fiction, articles, and (for my ex-job) instruction manuals. ;) I hope never to do an instruction manual again, however!

Hi Marc! Is that a Rothko print as your avatar?

Yes, well-spotted. The title of the Rothko print is 'Yellow Band'. I picked it because it is a kind of a play on words with regard to my pen name [Marc Joan = marque jaune, which itself is a critical phrase in one of the things I have written....little things, but they give me pleasure!]

Yes, well-spotted. The title of the Rothko print is 'Yellow Band'. I picked it because it is a kind of a play on words with regard to my pen name [Marc Joan = marque jaune, which itself is a critical phrase in one of the things I have written....little things, but they give me pleasure!]

Believe me, I love little inside jokes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Fanfare! Greatest Honor EVER!

Two free writers' events in Bristol (UK)

Back