S

Hello out there

You get what you pay for... sometimes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 6, 2014
Sunderland
Well, he has returned!

I would just like to say hi to everyone. This is my third or fourth time of joining Litopia and just the same as every other occasion I don't know what to bloody well say!

Of course none of this is my fault. This may well be as a result of the new word colygraphia invented by Oliver Tearle on Interesting Literature: A Library of Literary Interestingness. Colygraphia is writer's block given the 'it's all Greek to me' treatment so that it sounds like a terribly debilitating illness. If it is accepted as an illness then I look forward to the prospect of being on extremely heavy medication regimes for the rest of my life... It also means that it is not just a pathetic excuse for why I am staring at an empty screen scratching my head - it's because I am ill!

So hopefully you can all forgive this old, worn out, unpublished writer and welcome him once again to sit beside your knee, look up and learn from the wisdom that is Litopia.

See you all around the colony/café.

Hello CrimeAfoot, aka David.( I was Bollinger) welcome back to Litopia!

Welcome back. Sit down, pull up up a keyboard and relax. Great to see you back.

Good to see you again. Sorry I'm so slow to say hi, but I've been a little busy. Just sent my manuscript in for the big edit today so I have a little breather before they come now.

Hi David - you may not remember me (I was and still am fglaval).

Hi and welcome, sorry to hear about the writers' block, it happens to us all at one point or another. I hope you don't mind me sharing a little, for me I found the best way to get through it was just to write something, anything. For example, look out a nearby window and imagine the lives of the people you see and write something, a chance meeting, a shopping list and the trials of the supermarket, it doesn't have to be good but even poorly written words are better than a blank screen, this is what I do anyway, I soon find myself back on track. Just thought I would share what helps me, hope you don't mind :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Hello out there

You get what you pay for... sometimes

Back