Happy Holidays from the land of Benito Trumpolini

Question about trains in the UK

Why You Will Feel Your Book Is A Failure (but don't let that stop you)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do. One of my American friends, who lives in Wyoming, is planning to move back to the U.K. fearful of Trump's presidency.

Just remember—'trump' means fart in British slang! :)

Trump is certifiably insane. How people can vote for a confirmed liar, a corrupt businessman who doesn't pay his debts or tradesmen's bills, is an accused rapist and completely incompetent in diplomacy beggars belief.

America has gone from having a cultured, intelligent leader to placing their trust in an ignorant, psychopathic thug.

It's happened before, of course, in the 1930s with Germany and Italy, and smaller countries that lost in WW1. High unemployment allowed madmen Hitler and Mussolini to rise to leadership, using immigrants and the Jews as scapegoats. And look where that led us....

Hermann Goering summed it up well: The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them that they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country.

It's a sad fact of human nature, that people will more readily believe something hateful than loving.

So, there's now a psychopath in charge of Russia—Putin—squaring up against psycho Trump. Kind of makes me hanker after the good old days of the Cold War in the 50s and 60s.

Last edited:
Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! My family are definitely *not* Trump supporters, but also Hubby and I have been alive long enough to have survived some fairly lousy Presidents. We feel confident we shall survive this one, too. In the meantime, it's back to business as usual here for me. :) I have a book that is long overdue to be finished, and plenty of ideas in the pipeline. :)

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all you Brits. Please pray for America.

E. G. Jensen
Do your own praying. At least you know what you've got.
We have Brexit and are still trying to work out what it even means.
Happy Crimble to you all too!

I shall pray for the mercy of respite for the truly desperate, and for no super-volcano eruptions ever again, though fat chance, amen.

Thank you for your comments everyone. I am actually hopeful that the Orange Clown will self-destruct. He has already publically insulted the CIA and the FBI. There is a lot of ugly dirt on him that is still hidden. All it takes is a couple of smart spies to expose him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Question about trains in the UK

Why You Will Feel Your Book Is A Failure (but don't let that stop you)

Back