Guess what's coming up...

Films which are better than the books that they are based on

K

Old English

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jennifer Stone

We were talking about this last night! Hehe I will have to crochet you a zombie brain hat and glove set if I get time for Halloweeny purposes so I will ;)

That'd be awesome, though I wouldn't just wear them for Halloween and I'd have to fight my friend from stealing them ;)

That'd be awesome, though I wouldn't just wear them for Halloween and I'd have to fight my friend from stealing them ;)
Haha! If I can manage to source some yarn I will try and do you a set for Christmas. I might not manage, but I will do my best :)

Did I ever show you Sophie's hats? I was well pleased with the pixie one, that was freehand (no pattern) :)

OOPS... sorry... big pictures x

My Little Pony
10003466_246502108867432_6045840267469120976_n.jpg

Pixie Hood
1044559_541075039261123_1688573589_n.jpg

Hehe Matthew's bunny set (I actually crocheted this while I was in labour. Finished it about 2 hours before he was born ;) )
934632_521205757914718_1925661215_n.jpg

Owlett
970897_147834412067536_1853028308_n.jpg

Spring beanie
15226_139256676258643_566740143_n.jpg

Newborn Dino hat
561427_132083533642624_1938329739_n.jpg

Newborn Lion hat
425128_131539897030321_1823266851_n.jpg

Newborn Pom pom set
532948_128798000637844_1238820470_n.jpg

The Hungry Caterpillar (This was my first ever attempt at crochet, I had never done anything before I did this one ;) )
26327_125723134278664_152263439_n.jpg

Did I ever show you Sophie's hats? I was well pleased with the pixie one, that was freehand (no pattern) :)

OOPS... sorry... big pictures x

My Little Pony
10003466_246502108867432_6045840267469120976_n.jpg

Pixie Hood
1044559_541075039261123_1688573589_n.jpg

Hehe Matthew's bunny set (I actually crocheted this while I was in labour. Finished it about 2 hours before he was born ;) )
934632_521205757914718_1925661215_n.jpg

Owlett
970897_147834412067536_1853028308_n.jpg

Spring beanie
15226_139256676258643_566740143_n.jpg

Newborn Dino hat
561427_132083533642624_1938329739_n.jpg

Newborn Lion hat
425128_131539897030321_1823266851_n.jpg

Newborn Pom pom set
532948_128798000637844_1238820470_n.jpg

The Hungry Caterpillar (This was my first ever attempt at crochet, I had never done anything before I did this one ;) )
26327_125723134278664_152263439_n.jpg

Awesome, I know who I'll be contacting when I get a kid on the way ;)

My friends and I were just talking about this on Friday. I have already hauled out my Halloween craft books with plans to start making Halloween crafts ASAP.

(This is only my second year in a house instead of an apartment, and last year I was broke. . . But this year we're doing it!)

My friends and I were just talking about this on Friday. I have already hauled out my Halloween craft books with plans to start making Halloween crafts ASAP.

(This is only my second year in a house instead of an apartment, and last year I was broke. . . But this year we're doing it!)
Yay... best hurry. Someone told me today it was only 18 fridays till Christmas o_O

I was like :eek: "We've not even had Halloween or Guy Fawkes Night yet!!!"

Halloween used to be one of my favourites. I went way overboard on costumes! But here, it falls at the beginning of strawberry season--you can't make jack-o-lanterns out of strawberries. Not to mention the fact that it's not really celebrated here, and we live so far out in the country that the kids couldn't possibly go trick-or-treating anyway, even if the neighbors participated. We do carve pumpkins in the autumn here, though...long about Easter.

Halloween used to be one of my favourites. I went way overboard on costumes! But here, it falls at the beginning of strawberry season--you can't make jack-o-lanterns out of strawberries. Not to mention the fact that it's not really celebrated here, and we live so far out in the country that the kids couldn't possibly go trick-or-treating anyway, even if the neighbors participated. We do carve pumpkins in the autumn here, though...long about Easter.
Wow, it's strange thinking about how your autumn is our spring :rolleyes:

Awesome hats @Karen Gray yo're really talented. I did a little knitting some time back and did a dragon one, when you pulled it over the face like a balaclava it had a muzzle too :) I will try and find a picture, I knit it for a friend, though I was tempted to keep it.

And curse you all, who say October 31st is near. It's 96 degrees here today (36 C) — you let me hold onto that just a little bit longer! Fall is my wife's season. She can have it when I'm good and done with summer.

And curse you all, who say October 31st is near. It's 96 degrees here today (36 C) — you let me hold onto that just a little bit longer! Fall is my wife's season. She can have it when I'm good and done with summer.

Ew. No. I'm ready for summer to go away. We've had heat advisory warnings for two weeks straight because the heat index is at 105 degrees. I can hardly go outside in that heat, especially with the humidity here, let alone go running. We only get like a week of fall here in Houston which is so incredibly sad. But I'm ready for that week.

Ew. No. I'm ready for summer to go away. We've had heat advisory warnings for two weeks straight because the heat index is at 105 degrees. I can hardly go outside in that heat, especially with the humidity here, let alone go running. We only get like a week of fall here in Houston which is so incredibly sad. But I'm ready for that week.
Hahaha! This makes me laugh lol!

It's 16 degrees centigrade here and we're all dying lol!

I remember the winter I was pregnant with Sophie it was -22 centigrade and when the temperature rose to 0 degrees (i.e. the freezing temp of water) we were all stripping off! Crazy bananas that one ;)

Hahaha! This makes me laugh lol!

It's 16 degrees centigrade here and we're all dying lol!

I remember the winter I was pregnant with Sophie it was -22 centigrade and when the temperature rose to 0 degrees (i.e. the freezing temp of water) we were all stripping off! Crazy bananas that one ;)

Aw man I would LOVE 16 degrees C! That's when Houstonians are breaking out their jackets!

We were out with hairdryers on the water hose to get even a drip from the end! had to go down to the stream on the quad and smash through about 2" of ice over a fast flowing stream to get water which was frozen in the buckets by the time we got back up the field. Had to put hot water bottles in all the buckets and eventually call the fire brigade in to supply water because we couldn't cope any more :/

I know a lot of people have a hard time with the heat — my brother included — and I sympathize, and for your sake hope for cooler temperatures soon. For some weird reason though, I enjoy the feeling of heat indices above 100. There was a heat index in Michigan of 116 (47 C), and I put on my long coat that I used to run in the woods with impunity from the briars, and ran through the hills. I enjoy the slight pain of the heat — like being in a sauna.

I would go to Chicago with friends in the summer and it was about that hot. They were in shorts and tee-shirts, red-faced and sweating and reduced to resting on benches, and I was in long black clothes, long hair and beard, and black trench coat, running around comfortably — usually without sweating. Now I take that to fictional extremes, as one way to make my faerie characters seem otherworldly.

That said, I actually don't do well at all with cold. I usually start shivering well before other people do.

A friend of mine served in Baghdad with the Marines before we were roommates in college, and he would talk about how it felt to be in a sandstorm in 140 degree (60 C) heat. I'd like to know how that feels...

Weird tangent — sorry!

I know a lot of people have a hard time with the heat — my brother included — and I sympathize, and for your sake hope for cooler temperatures soon. For some weird reason though, I enjoy the feeling of heat indices above 100. There was a heat index in Michigan of 116 (47 C), and I put on my long coat that I used to run in the woods with impunity from the briars, and ran through the hills. I enjoy the slight pain of the heat — like being in a sauna.

I would go to Chicago with friends in the summer and it was about that hot. They were in shorts and tee-shirts, red-faced and sweating and reduced to resting on benches, and I was in long black clothes, long hair and beard, and black trench coat, running around comfortably — usually without sweating. Now I take that to fictional extremes, as one way to make my faerie characters seem otherworldly.

A friend of mine served in Baghdad with the Marines before we were roommates in college, and he would talk about how it felt to be in a sandstorm in 140 degree (60 C) heat.
OUCH!!! Give me sub zero any day compared to that!

A friend of mine served in Baghdad with the Marines before we were roommates in college, and he would talk about how it felt to be in a sandstorm in 140 degree (60 C) heat.

*shudders* I don't like any of the temperatures you just mentioned. However, my hubby is the same as you. He loves the heat. Doesn't mind sweating in it. Not me. I prefer being cold to being warm. You can always layer up, but there are only so many clothes you can take off before someone calls the cops. :p

*shudders* I don't like any of the temperatures you just mentioned. However, my hubby is the same as you. He loves the heat. Doesn't mind sweating in it. Not me. I prefer being cold to being warm. You can always layer up, but there are only so many clothes you can take off before someone calls the cops. :p
Hahahaha... touché, Nicole...

Hahaha too true

Winters in Michigan were six months long — snow on the ground from Halloween up until about high school prom, toward the end of April. I hate the cold.
Yeah, see, growing up with 6 months of summer will put someone off of heat the same way 6 months of winter did that to you. Hubby had the same experience (sorta). He grew up in Illinois where there's a lot of cold and would much rather be warm. Me, while I'd rather be cold, I appreciate summer -- in small doses. Give me 4 even seasons and I'm good.

Yeah, see, growing up with 6 months of summer will put someone off of heat the same way 6 months of winter did that to you. Hubby had the same experience (sorta). He grew up in Illinois where there's a lot of cold and would much rather be warm. Me, while I'd rather be cold, I appreciate summer -- in small doses. Give me 4 even seasons and I'm good.
Come to Scotland... we have 4 even seasons per day ;)

Ah — another good point — I see what you mean there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Films which are better than the books that they are based on

K

Old English

Back