April writing goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PMBligh

Basic
Apr 26, 2018
London
Hello there,

I was urged by Peter, as I'm sure you all were, to post a greeting to everyone here as I've just joined Litopia.

I'm a displeased news camera operator from London with two novels under my belt. I couldn't find an agent with my first (dystopian YA struggles in a crowded marketplace these days, I was told) and have just sent off submissions for my second, which will be appearing on Pop Up Submissions this Sunday, hopefully not because it's terrible and easily-mocked.

I don't know much about Litopia at the moment but I'm looking forward to chatting with writers, sharing ideas and helping each other out.

So hello everyone, and tune in on Sunday if you want to hear if I'm good or bad at writing - I'd be interested to know myself.

Phil

Hi Phil, welcome to the Colony! :) There are some good people here, and once you've been here a week and made twenty posts, you'll get access to the Writing Groups, which is an invaluable place to hone your work. I look forward to seeing you around.

Welcome to the Colony!
If you have a submission coming up, make sure you get in on the discord discussion group (chatroom name currently pending) as it is where most of the comments from other authors come from.

Welcome to the Colony!
If you have a submission coming up, make sure you get in on the discord discussion group (chatroom name currently pending) as it is where most of the comments from other authors come from.
Good tip, thank you. I was wondering how to get involved with that.

Hello and Welcome,

Dystopian YA may me a hard sell at the moment but everything comes full circle in time. I was checking out #MSWL on twitter the other day and all the agents are asking for Vampires in their inboxes. A few years ago after the Twilight bubble had burst vampires were an impossible sell, so it's only a matter of time until dystopian is back in flavour :)

Hello and Welcome,

Dystopian YA may me a hard sell at the moment but everything comes full circle in time. I was checking out #MSWL on twitter the other day and all the agents are asking for Vampires in their inboxes. A few years ago after the Twilight bubble had burst vampires were an impossible sell, so it's only a matter of time until dystopian is back in flavour :)
Yeah, I agree with that. I've just got to wait for the right time to re-submit it. So much success relies on timing.

Welcome to the Colony, Phil. It's a mine of information as you will soon discover for yourself. Look forward to AgentPete's review of your submission tomorrow evening.

Hey Phil, I really liked your submission yesterday. You have a strong voice. Unfortunatly I had to go due to other commitments and hence missed the end. Keep at it. You could even use the main character in other novels.

Hey Phil, I really liked your submission yesterday. You have a strong voice. Unfortunatly I had to go due to other commitments and hence missed the end. Keep at it. You could even use the main character in other novels.

@Barbara
Indeed it was, Hickenbottom made me giggle in work, randomly blurted it out to my work colleagues and they just looked at me but they couldn't help but giggle either LOL :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Would You Do? Do I wait?

April writing goals.

Back