Greetings

Ageism in Publishing

Fanfare! Pitching Event With Agents - A M Heath

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 13, 2017
London
Hello I have never done anything like this before but my wife thought it would be good for me to talk with other writers rather than living in my own little cupboard.

I am an author trying to get published. I have written a book about living with disability called Myrtle's Progress.

This is my second book and it is fictionalised version of my journey back from a personal abyss and perceptions of disability. The book tells how Adam Wright’s world is turned upside down by an accident.

One of the main obstacles Adam has had to overcome is Myrtle and her unreasonable, unforgiving and uncompromising behaviour. Myrtle is Adam’s left arm and he, like me, has Dystonia - a neurological movement disorder syndrome in which sustained or repetitive muscle contractions result in twisting and repetitive movements or abnormal fixed postures.

Anyway its nice to meet you.

Robert

Welcome to the Colony! With any luck you can increase awareness of your syndrome in a realistic and sympathetic fashion--always a plus for society, in my humble opinion.

At any rate, Litopia is a wonderful place to talk to other writers. Enjoy your stay!

Hello and welcome again, Robert, since my original post has disappeared. Odd... Like I said, Myrtle sounds fascinating. Great idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ageism in Publishing

Fanfare! Pitching Event With Agents - A M Heath

Back