Greetings from (chilly) Ireland

3 Noteworthy Writing Conferences in December 2018

Help! Looking for an arc!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Robinne,
I guess it's warmer there than where I am. New Zealand is a place I intend to visit at some stage. Friends say it's magical. The only person I know from New Zealand is the AC/DC's on again / off again drummer Phil Rudd. (He's from Tauranga I believe.
Well, it might not be warmer today--rain driven by a stiff cold wind. But we were in shorts all last week. And, yes, NZ is magical. I arrived 14 years ago, and have no intention of leaving.

Hello Eoghan, I thought I'd make a return visit. Previously I called you by your User Name but I ssee you have a name... Eoghan, as it must be Irish, is there a translation?

Hello Eoghan, I thought I'd make a return visit. Previously I called you by your User Name but I ssee you have a name... Eoghan, as it must be Irish, is there a translation?
Hi Eva,
Eoghan - pronounced Owen or Eoin - is a really old Irish version of Eugene, my late father's name. It's interesting to observe some people stare and blink at the name and then see their lips twist as they try to figure out how to say it... I've been called many things over the years, Ogan, Ugan, etc.

"Your" version of Eoghan means "Little warrior" :) (I have a son, Thomas Eoghan, whose name-spelling was chosen over Eoin or Owen because of the meaning)

Hi Eva,
Eoghan - pronounced Owen or Eoin - is a really old Irish version of Eugene, my late father's name. It's interesting to observe some people stare and blink at the name and then see their lips twist as they try to figure out how to say it... I've been called many things over the years, Ogan, Ugan, etc.
It's good to know that, should I meet you, I now feel confident what to call you :oops: I mean pronounce your name... My great-uncle was called Eugene and there's a big engineering firm in Darlaston (I lived in Darlaston Road) called Rubery Owen. Now, you are unforgettable!

Status
Not open for further replies.

3 Noteworthy Writing Conferences in December 2018

Help! Looking for an arc!

Back