3 days remaining to enter November's Flash Club competition

When you're in....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barbara M

Basic
Nov 22, 2020
Greece
Hello everyone. Nice to find this community. I am a Polish/Canadian and live on my sailboat in Greece. My writing mostly deals with sailing and travel. My work has been published by sailing magazines and recently I self-published two books: Salt Water In My Veins, and Atlantic Crossing. My work in progress is a fictionalized memoir (due to a bad memory). Ideally, I would like to trade critiques with people who know sailing terminology but anyone friendly is welcome.

Hi Barbara. I lived on a sailboat in Greece way back when. Have so many fond memories. I'd love to read some of your work. Can't promise to beta read the whole book but if you want to post a chapter or two in the author's group section that way everyone can see it and you can later make it private too.
You have found a great little harbour here at Litopia. Drop your hook and take a look around :)

Hi Barbara

Welcome to the Colony! You'll get plenty of advice here. Any questions about the site, please message me. I'm one of the Guardians and always happy to help.

Do check out the Colony Notices to familiarize yourself with how the site works – The Prime Directive is the foundation of our ethos. If you're looking for critique partners, have a look at our Writing Workshops. The first three threads in that forum will tell you what you need to know. The best way to find partners is to dive in and critique others' work (but do familiarize yourself with our method for giving and receiving critique before you post your first review). For literary chat and general socializing, head over to Café Life.

So get stuck in. You'll see that the more you put in, the more you get out.

Great to have you on board.

Hi @Barbara M ,

Welcome to the Colony and hope you have a great time here. There's plenty to do and we have lots of people happy to give but also receive advice on works in progress.

We're a friendly and supportive community and best thing to do is dive right in. You'll find a very helpful intro here How to guide which will point you in the right direction, and the Writing Workshop Directory WWD is a great place to road test your opening pages, chapters, blurbs & synopses etc. You can also give advice and your reactions to the work of other members there.

If there's anything you're unsure about or need help with please drop me a message and I'll be happy to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

3 days remaining to enter November's Flash Club competition

When you're in....

Back