M

Beta readers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian Clegg

Basic
Aug 7, 2014
Swindon, UK
Although I primarily deal in non-fiction I've always written both science fiction and detective fiction as well, and I'm delighted to say that I've finally got round to making the first of my murder mysteries featuring Stephen Capel available to buy.

A Lonely Height begins with a body being found on top of Glastonbury Tor, in the ruined church tower. But remarkably, on a dry summer day, in the highest spot for miles around, the victim was drowned. The body is discovered by Stephen Capel, a newly appointed vicar, who is in Glastonbury on a course. As he uncovers the mystery behind the death, discovering a link with the earlier death of a celebrity photographer and becoming involved in a complex web of relationships, Capel meets and falls for Vicky Denning, a WPC working on the case... and comes face to face with his own mortality.

I wrote the novel a few years ago and never got round to doing anything with it, so have finally got it into published form and it has been great for me getting back to it. After a few years when pretty well every murder mystery seemed to involve graphic horror, often in a dark Scandinavian setting, I hope that readers will find a return to the classic British form attractive and entertaining. And let's face it, it is the ideal time of year to curl up with a good murder mystery. More details and links for both paper and Kindle copies here.

A%2BLonely%2BHeight.jpg

Good luck with it. Coincidentally, I've been researching forensic details of how to tell if someone actually drowned for my new novel Who Kills A Nudist? My victim is found on a beach, but with more swimming pool water in his lungs than sea water. This is determined by the species of diatoms in his lungs, blood and bone marrow. The thought occurred to me while doing this research, that writers of crime novels would make brilliant murderers!

Good luck with it. Coincidentally, I've been researching forensic details of how to tell if someone actually drowned for my new novel Who Kills A Nudist? My victim is found on a beach, but with more swimming pool water in his lungs than sea water. This is determined by the species of diatoms in his lungs, blood and bone marrow. The thought occurred to me while doing this research, that writers of crime novels would make brilliant murderers!
The diatoms reached his bone marrow?! I deduce he was killed by an insane marine biologist with a penchant for performing iliac crest injections on his victims.
At Uni, one of my lecturers was obsessed with diatoms, he used to drive us mad - I mean they are fascinating for a while, but there are limits....

Just completed my read. It's a real page turner with a wonderful cast of quirky characters in a provocative setting. While you're at it, SciFi geeks need to read Brian's Xenostorm: Rising. If you do an Amazon search on Brian Clegg you'll be amazed at how incredibly prolific our friend really is.
Truly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Sad Day for Obsession

M

Beta readers

Back