Aphantasia: how it feels to be blind in your mind

Hello from Down Under

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan Payne

Basic
Feb 12, 2019
Melbourne, Australia
Good afternoon all! (Well, it's afternoon here. The problem with living in Australia is that everyone's asleep while you're doing your best work. Oh wait, we're writers - I guess that's true for all of us.)

I've only recently become aware of Litopia, via the Pop-Up Submissions. I'm involved with a couple other writing forums but you can never have enough writing peers, or places to hang out and browse threads when you should be working on your WIP.

I've been writing a long while, editing Doctor Who and general sci/fi fanzines and anthologies. My short stories tend towards 10,000 words rather than 1,000 so I thought I could do better writing long-form. 150,000 words and a first novel draft later I'm coming to the conclusion it's just me.

Now I have one completed novel, one WIP, three started novels and a notebook full of ideas for the next fifteen or so.

Looking forward to learning the ropes here and getting to know people. After a ten-hour delay for the time zone, of course.

Hey Dan,

Welcome, I joined today too and I'm in Sydney. That makes 3 of us in the same timezone. Are there more?

..."you can never have enough writing peers, or places to hang out and browse threads when you should be working on your WIP. "

Hehe...

Resist. You musssst resiiiiiiiiiissst.

Hello from the sunny Lancashire coast. Well, it is today. Gloriously sunny. Nice to 'meet' you...and our other new Aussie members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aphantasia: how it feels to be blind in your mind

Hello from Down Under

Back