Gahhh! Dialling The Number of the Beast

Learning from Reviews...

B

So happy to have found you again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your three seconds of fame, or is that infamy? Hope you enjoyed it. Next one, is when you sell a best seller ;)

Fame is an empty room. Pride in a job done; a readable, saleable product shipped, that's the dream. I just do what I do, just like you.

Last edited:
I remember when I tweeted that I had a 'beast sum of followers' or something like that when it reached 666 twitter followers the first time. I say first time because as soon as I tweeted it someone unfollowed lol and I had to go 'through it again'. Second time round in silence. :D

Break out the Iron Maiden, 'The Number of the Beast', or Charles Daniels Band, 'Devil Went to Georgia'. I went through a stage of keeping any receipt that totaled £6.66 or gave me the same in change. I know I'm lame for doing it, but sometimes I live for such quirky nonsense.

Break out the Iron Maiden, 'The Number of the Beast', or Charles Daniels Band, 'Devil Went to Georgia'. I went through a stage of keeping any receipt that totaled £6.66 or gave me the same in change. I know I'm lame for doing it, but sometimes I live for such quirky nonsense.
I concur lol

It's a kind of touching wood....except apparently the phrase isn't really, touch wood. Not originally.

Touch wood
No good
Touch iron
Rely on

Fairies of the totally non- Tinkerbell variety are afraid of iron.

Someone asked once, if you met the Devil, what would you say to him?
I asked my mother what would she say. She said, I'd tell him, eff off, I don't like you.

I asked my sister, she said, I'd ask him in for coffee. I'd like to hear his side of the story.

She's a solicitor :)

As it happens, letters of the Hebrew alphabet correspond to numbers, and the Beast, as described by John with the number of whose name being 666, is none other than our good friend Emperor Nero. Probably seemed like the Devil to the early Christians, but not as pertinent twenty centuries later.

11107169_393196070864701_294603961495445361_n.jpg

Da da Daaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

Funny, I've seen this somewhere before??? As for numbers, I just think I gave myself a headache, 6.7 novels times almost 100,000 words each..... I think I need a holiday, or....... (you fill in the blanks) lol :D

Funny, I've seen this somewhere before??? As for numbers, I just think I gave myself a headache, 6.7 novels times almost 100,000 words each..... I think I need a holiday, or....... (you fill in the blanks) lol :D
Haha am I messing with your happy place there Alistair?

I am just in awe.

Sitting here scribbling away, still, with my first 30k or so MS (editing) and it just doesn't end. I mean it doesn't end. Where is the end? I wish I was one of those calmly confident, serene kinda lass who knew it will all come together by just being patient. But I'm not!

Calmly confident? Well that's not me! On the outside maybe, but on the inside? Nar! One always (?) has doubts, but you plod on, keep writing, keep wondering. Eventually you go back and read what you wrote, some of it is rubbish, but then you say "Wow did I write that?" Well, yes you did and you realise there is hope yet. Like anything else, the more you do the better you get, then you learn from others and realise you can do even better. I'm still learning ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I am just in awe.

Sitting here scribbling away, still, with my first 30k or so MS (editing) and it just doesn't end. I mean it doesn't end. Where is the end? I wish I was one of those calmly confident, serene kinda lass who knew it will all come together by just being patient. But I'm not!
Be brave and let the characters write the stories for you. When I started this venture (March 2014) it was a stand alone 50,000 word YA novel I was aiming to write about Mòrag and Randall only. The Brax character came about by pure accident and by chapter 7 I stopped trying to write what I set out to write and it became organic, practically writing itself. 5 months and 96,203 words later I was starting book 2. 4 months and 128,608 words after that I was starting book 3 and 151,586 words and 5 months later I am now half way through chapter 1 of book 4 and the series certainly isn't YA anymore lol!

The funny thing is... If I had stuck to my 'plan' for what I wanted to write, I may never have finished the first book. I think if you feel like you should write in a particular way you should be brave and embrace it. It may not be what you set out to do, but it could be your subconscious telling you that it has a whole other plan for you xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Learning from Reviews...

B

So happy to have found you again!

Back