Book Piracy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Modquokka

Basic
Aug 22, 2017
United Kingdom
Hello Litopians...

This is quite a big step as I really am a recluse who hides in a shed and writes; my brain struggles so please do be patient. I've self-published a couple of short story anthologies and the short story 'Magpie' through Amazon and currently have four novel length manuscripts at various stages of edit...

I love writing and rediscovered it as a passion about four years ago when I fell ill. I used it then as a healing mechanism to try and stretch the brain when it wouldn't work at all. Now I'm editing all the words I strung together. I'd love to get published one day - but then don't all writers - but that isn't my be all; I don't think I'll ever stop writing now.

Two years ago I started reading again too (I couldn't before this). I'm focussing on shorter pieces (classics for the most part). Have discovered a love for Du Maurier.

I love books, art, folklore, my family and all the furballs we've adoted as kids (cats and dogs) and I'm quite active on Twitter @Modquokka

Oh - and I have a website too.

I hope to get more involved :)

Attachments

• Writer532.gif
    Writer532.gif
    494.1 KB · Views: 6
Hello Litopians...

This is quite a big step as I really am a recluse who hides in a shed and writes; my brain struggles so please do be patient. I've self-published a couple of short story anthologies and the short story 'Magpie' through Amazon and currently have four novel length manuscripts at various stages of edit...

I love writing and rediscovered it as a passion about four years ago when I fell ill. I used it then as a healing mechanism to try and stretch the brain when it wouldn't work at all. Now I'm editing all the words I strung together. I'd love to get published one day - but then don't all writers - but that isn't my be all; I don't think I'll ever stop writing now.

Two years ago I started reading again too (I couldn't before this). I'm focussing on shorter pieces (classics for the most part). Have discovered a love for Du Maurier.

I love books, art, folklore, my family and all the furballs we've adoted as kids (cats and dogs) and I'm quite active on Twitter @Modquokka

Oh - and I have a website too.

I hope to get more involved :)
Welcome!

Hello and welcome. I often wish I had a shed I could hide in and write. For now, the untidy back room will have to do :)

Welcome Modquokka. Rebecca is a tremendous novel. Not so keen on Jamaica Inn or My Cousin Rachael etc. but always worth reading all the same.

Crime and social realism are my bag with forays into short fiction etc. See you around the colony.

Great name - you have the makings of a brand there methinks. How many authors use single word names?

I can see it now - 'Tales from the Vienna Woods' by Modquokka.

Please don't read this as sarcasm - I am serious. Edit - but stupid. I now know that's it's a term in parlance. Still, you have the .com.

Last edited:
I so love her work; and her writing. Have you read her biography by her daughter? It's a fascinating read.

Not yet, so thanks for the heads up. I was just trying to remember where I read her? short story about a young man who signed up to an experiment upon being diagnosed with a terminal illness, and whose soul got bottled by the 'mad scientist,' and trapped in a jar.

I'm intrigued by your user name, as I didn't know that Quokkas were Mods...They're definitely not Rockers, either, but surely with their vegetarian lifestyle and peaceful ways, they could be called Hippies?

images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hello from the windswept North East coast

Book Piracy

Back