Amusement Friday Feline Frivolity

Am I a Philistine?

A Writer talks about his writing, working and earning year:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you @Barbara....I don't think it's on a wall...painted it for a joke really :) Because, well, cats needs crowns ....
And a red carpet, and a band playing, and staff which, as we know, is us humans.

And I'm sure they appreciate afternoon tea in the park. Peacock sandwiches followed by a dollop of cream. A silver serving spoon is a given.

I just stood at least two minutes, holding the cat flap open for mine just so that he can decide whether he wants to be in or out.

I've never owned a cat before and we are about to adopt a kitten from our neighbor in November, so I'm glad that there are cat experts here. When we adopted our dog from a shelter, we were told that she seemed to get along with cats and I know that she is a very smart dog, but I expect that this will be an interesting Christmas. He is a norwegian forest cat, so we expect that he might be big, even though his mom isn't that big. I have no idea what to expect in terms of temperament.
View attachment 2665
images
images
Wow, @Kirsten , Norwegian F cats. Gorgeous.

I read somewhere you're supposed to mix smells before they meet. Give the dog a blanket that smells of the cat and vice versa. That way when they eventually do get together they think they know each other.

No doubt kitten will be up the Christmas tree.

Hope to see a pic here when kitten arrives ....

I've never owned a cat before and we are about to adopt a kitten from our neighbor in November, so I'm glad that there are cat experts here. When we adopted our dog from a shelter, we were told that she seemed to get along with cats and I know that she is a very smart dog, but I expect that this will be an interesting Christmas. He is a norwegian forest cat, so we expect that he might become big, even though his mom isn't that big. I have no idea what to expect in terms of temperament.
View attachment 2665
images
images

I'm no expert, I got to know cats quite late. Didn't use to like them much except aesthetically. Didn't know about their warmth yet or capacity for passion. Cats are mysterious all right, but not inscrutable, hugely expressive in fact, once you get your eye in, and passionate in their interests and affections. Grew up with dogs, guinea pigs, hamsters, cockatiels and they're all fascinating, but the cat is full of surprises. I saw a hilarious post card once of the first domesticated cats arriving on British shores on Roman galleys, peering over the side alongside the soldiers with their helmets and red plumes. Britain still had all its wild cats at the time and you can picture the tribes, seeing these cat faces coming in and saying, WTF? Quite apart from saying SHIT! at the sight of the galleys of course.

My daughter Ariane recently met her first Norwegian Forest cat in....Norway...hanging out outside a cafe on top of a funicular in Bergen. Not stupid.
Stunning animal plus... @Kirsten

'The Norwegian Forest cat's personality is friendly, calm and gentle. They areintelligent and friendly and some have described the character as “dog-like”. Thecats are generally adaptable, inquisitive and bold. Norwegian Forest cats arereally good with children and other animals, making them perfect family pets.'

Last edited:
And of course cats can be counted amongst the literary cognoscenti. I don't know who took this pic, so as to attribute it correctly but I think we have here the three kitty witches, rehearsing for a sartorially woolly presentation of Macbeth. I'm not an actor. I can say it. Macbeth, Macbeth, Macbeth.

See also King Hereafter by Dorothy Dunnett.

An epic story of Macbeth, the true story, not the version Shakespeare needed to write or else, and he's a warrior all right, and a king, but he ain't no villain.

3 kitty witches.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Am I a Philistine?

A Writer talks about his writing, working and earning year:

Back