Free writers' talks in Bristol (UK)

Writing Book Reviews: Art or Information Service?

Tweet tweet my lovelies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian Clegg

Basic
Aug 7, 2014
Swindon, UK
If you are based in the Bristol (UK) area, you may be interested in these free talks for writers organised by the Royal Literary Fund:

Salon Event 1 : Wednesday 25 February, 11am-1.30pm : “Social Media for Writers”, a workshop with Kate Colquhoun
Business Incubation Centre, Spike Island, 133 Cumberland Road, Bristol BS1 6UX

Public Event 1 : Wednesday 4 March, 7.30-9.30pm : “Why Be A Writer?”, a talk by Rachel Bentham
The Lansdown, 8 Clifton Road, Bristol BS8 1AF

Salon Event 2 : Wednesday 25 March, 7.30-9.30pm : “Perfect Pitch: What makes a winning proposal”, an expert panel discussion with Mavis Cheek (chair), Helena Drysdale, Wendy Meddour, Sanjida O’Connell, Jeremy Seal

Public Event 2 : Wednesday 8 April, 7.30-9.30pm : “Writing for Stage and Radio”, a talk by Tina Pepler and Shaun McCarthy

Salon Event 3: Friday 24 April, 4-6pm: “How to Run a Successful Workshop”, a workshop by Katie Grant and Tina Pepler
Waterside 2, The Watershed, 1 Canons Road, Harbourside, Bristol BS1 5TX

Public Event 3 : Friday 24 April, 7.30-9.30pm : "Social Media for Writers: Brave New World or Circle of Hell?”, a panel discussion with Brian Clegg, Sarah Duncan, Sue Purkiss, Chris Wakling, Julian Evans
Waterside 2, The Watershed, 1 Canons Road, Harbourside, Bristol BS1 5TX

Public event 4 : Wednesday 6 May, 7.30-9.30pm: “Clear Writing and Clear Thinking: How are they connected?”, a talk by Julia Copus

Public Event 5 : Wednesday 10 June, 7.30-9.30pm : “Blood on the Sand: Researching and writing historical fiction”, a reading and discussion with Michael Jecks about his new novel

The 'public' events anyone can just turn up at (though they would appreciate if you could let me know ahead of time if you're coming, so they can anticipate numbers). The 'salon' events I can take a guest to, but I'm only allowed one, so definitely don't just turn up - DM me if you want to attend one.

Shame Bristol is a little far for me at least until I can drive, so maybe next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Writing Book Reviews: Art or Information Service?

Tweet tweet my lovelies

Back