Querying book #2

December submissions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emurelda

Basic
Feb 27, 2015
London
...30 seconds to prove my story concept will work!

Am I nervous...erm...a little...am I excited ....a lot! :D

I didn't convince them enough with my initial application but this second chance is very very generous.

They're always looking for talented people so here is a link to those here who might be curious about what I am talking about and might give them a chortle with your own innovative projects:

Wildseed Studios

I've just taken a look at their website - what a passionate, creative approach - I love it! Good luck with the pitch... second chances are hard to come by so I'm keeping everything crossed for you.

Yes - I haven't seen a more approachable team as them. They encourage creativity and clearly have the experience to help cultivate great ideas.

Thirty seconds? How generous.
I love the way the industry treats intelligent and creative people with so much respect.
Seriously, Emurelda, I really hope you do well, You deserve it. But if I ever find that my dayjob encourages me to treat anybody with so little regard I think I'll call it quits and sell clothes pegs for a living.
</rant>

PS. Okay, I've had a while to digest the news, and I can see how, for a busy media agency, they probably get inundated with requests for time. They are probably holding back the door against a mob of people, all wanting to get in. I can see how having that chance would be exciting and, Like I said, I really do hope you do well. For what it's worth, having seen your product, I think you've got more chance than most. Knock 'em dead!

Last edited:
Thanks...I have to convince them I can do it. And my computer is playing up right now so having difficulty putting the 30 second presentation together. I might have to buy a new laptop the one I have isn't letting me record smoothly enough for a quality presentation!!!:(

Think Emu, think!

Hang on - your presentation is thirty seconds of video? That explains a lot! I thought they would give you thirty seconds on the carpet before demanding you left the room.
Suddenly it all makes sense.

Hang on - your presentation is thirty seconds of video? That explains a lot! I thought they would give you thirty seconds on the carpet before demanding you left the room.
Suddenly it all makes sense.
That's what I thought...

If you ask for coffee, make sure it has plenty of cold water in it so you can drink it quickly.

The very best of luck. Don't let tech defeat you. If you do get in the room take handouts as well. And take a story-relevant artefact which might open a discussion or you can forget to take out with you. Then you can follow up. Just a suggestion...
Good suggestions!

BTW everyone - I didn't submit to them in the end. Thought I'd tie up this loose thread :)

Things have moved in a different direction. Hopefully better. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Querying book #2

December submissions?

Back