For The Love of Film

Traditional vs self publishing video

M

Are we allowed to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Memory's such a great subject for a novel. It's tricky. Sometimes it's a traitor, either because of what you forget, or because of what you don't forget. Taking statements is a real challenge for the police for that reason, my brother tells me, and so is giving one. I was once asked to pick a face from a mug file, but it wasn't a FACE that I remembered. It was a man's movements and expression as I swore at him and stamped my foot, and he decided to get on his bike (literally) and leave me in peace. Memory's as selective as perception and understanding.

Another great show. Interesting about how your 'baby' morphs into something else, from novel to pitch, to screen play, to film. And the 50 screenplays for Valentines day 'have to contain a kiss' and get morphed into Lesbian Vampire scenes ??? very interesting.

It's amazing what Shamim was able to do in terms of first writing, then filming Despite the Falling Snow (which my wife devoured btw)... Afterward she said the big fight now is getting the film onto UK screens -- specifically bc the Batman vs. Superman we were joking about earlier in the show is making tons of money at the box office despite being panned by critics... so screens she thought she had are being still being used. Seems like every step presents another hurdle...
It was also supercool to find out she'd bought Chris' guerrilla film guide. Apparently these things can be done-- who knew?

Despite the Falling Snow is out this weekend in theaters across the UK!
(on a personal note: reading the early reviews is kind of a crusher because Shamim is such a lovely person and the book's a good read-- says the wife who finished it in three hours) :(
Still, the way she took control of the whole project from idea to book to theater is impressive! Go girl!

I saw that on the box the other night, but I didn't catch it from the beginning; Charles Dance being restrainedly intense. But regardless of early reviews, that is quite some feat she's managed.

Submission opportunities here via @create50. (Courtesy of LAD guest Chris Jones who made a brief appearance here in the colony recently)

I have one in the mix, there, short listed for their first book, a horror anthology called Twisted50. Final decisions soon, but meantime there are other sub opportunities - for screen writing as well.

http://www.create50.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Traditional vs self publishing video

M

Are we allowed to

Back