#FicFest, says trousered owlet.

#PitMatch

Site Hacked? Google Blacklisted? Here's the Fix...

Status
Not open for further replies.
This reminds me of a story I heard in Geneva. A couple who lived in the Alps, Morzine I think, bought a Chiuahua as a pet for their daughter. As a surprise, they kept it in the back garden until their daughter came home from school. Then, when she came in, they opened the windows to the back garden, and the little dog was sitting on the patio, ahhhh. But then, a buzzard swooped down and picked the little dog up in its tallons, never to be seen again. I was told it was a true story.

When I worked as a naturalist in MN, we had a group in from one of the local Native American schools. We made a HUGE cultural faux pax--in the classroom, we had a stuffed snowy owl. Beautifully taxidermied in flight...but snowy owls were a symbol of death to these kids. They were TERRIFIED! Funny, that school never came back again...

I used to work with a pair of great horned owls, one of whom loved to give handlers the "death grip". Their claws can go through falconer's gloves when they put their minds to it...
(The golden eagle I worked with could do the same thing, but she required an extra leather arm guard anyway, so it wasn't so bad, with the two layers.)

When I worked as a naturalist in MN, we had a group in from one of the local Native American schools. We made a HUGE cultural faux pax--in the classroom, we had a stuffed snowy owl. Beautifully taxidermied in flight...but snowy owls were a symbol of death to these kids. They were TERRIFIED! Funny, that school never came back again...

Really...? How interesting, Robinne! Unfortunate but interesting :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

#PitMatch

Site Hacked? Google Blacklisted? Here's the Fix...

Back