Excited!

News Debut Novelists 2019

The Writing Groups Directory: Did something change?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HayleyG

Basic
Jan 19, 2019
London
I've been on the agent hunt for over a year now for my novel (commercial women's fiction). In June I received a very promising rejection with encouraging feedback and an invitation to resubmit. I was 36 weeks pregnant but I got on the case with revising the manuscript. It gave me something to do during late night breast feeding.

I resubmitted in September but haven't heard back. Sent a follow up in Jan but no response.

I've been getting through the list of suitable agents with the revised manuscript (approx 60) and was reaching the end of it. No matter: I've been getting excited about my work in progress which I think will be even better.

But 2 days ago I received a request for a full manuscript from an agent (Not the one who gave me feedback)

I am flung right back into excitement and hope! That plus my extract being reviewed favourably on the Bestseller Experiment podcast makes me feel like I might be getting somewhere.

Whatever happens I will be so grateful for the feedback from the first agent as I've learned a huge amount from it.

Super awesome, congrats!!! I've not listened to The Bestseller Experiment, I'm listening now, but I have heard of their book, even have it on my Kindle. I'm a Writing Excuses gal.

Last edited:
I just heard back from the agent- they have rejected it as it's not quite right for their small list, although they felt the premise was very strong. I'm disappointed obviously but am going to stay positive. I haven't been seriously writing for all that long (about 2 years) so am happy with progress in that time. Have pretty much exhausted agents for that book so will focus on my WIP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

News Debut Novelists 2019

The Writing Groups Directory: Did something change?

Back