Creative Nonfiction?

Dipping a toe in

NEW WORKSHOP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Jyotsna

Welcome to the Colony! Any questions about the site, please message me. I'm one of the Guardians and always happy to help.

Do check out the Colony Notices to familiarize yourself with how the site works – The Prime Directive is the foundation of our ethos. For literary chat and general socializing, Café Life is THE place to be. We also have a Flash Club to stretch your writing muscles, and a poetry area, plus much more.

So get stuck in. You'll see that the more you put in, the more you get out. You'll learn a lot here.

Great to have you on board.

Last edited:
Hi @Jyotsna

Welcome to the Colony and hope you enjoy it here. I'm sure you'll find Litopia a very welcoming environment.

There's plenty to do and we have lots of people happy to give and receive advice on works in progress. You'll get the most from the Colony with a two-way exchange and you'll be pleasantly surprised how beneficial offering critiques on the works of others is for your own work.

Litopia is a friendly and supportive community and best thing to do is dive right in. You'll find a very helpful intro here How to guide which will point you in the right direction, and the Writing Workshops Directory WWD is a great place to road test your opening pages, chapters, blurbs & synopses etc.

If there's anything you're unsure about or need help with please drop me a message and I'll be happy to help.

Hello @Jyotsna and welcome aboard!

If you haven't already discovered Pop-Up Submissions, it's a great place to get a heads up from the publishing industry on what they're looking for and when you're ready, you can submit your own work. Do subscribe to the Litopia Youtube channel here and join us in the "Genius Room" on Sundays to see Peter at work and offer your own thoughts :)

I'm working on a creative non-fiction project at the moment, having previously written novels for MG and YA readers. I'm enjoying the change, I must say! Tell us more about your project :)

Hi :) I'm working on a non fiction thing, part Tarot memoir, part history; the psychic mind, astrology and the zodiac in the seasons etc. There are spring lambs, and there are autumn lambs. The most common birthday in the N hemisphere is 25 September. Now why should that be?

But meantime, look-y here, writers.

Banshee Press is open for book length creative non-fiction from the start of February

https://booksirelandmagazine.com/banshee-press-open-for-creative-non-fiction-in-february/…

@bansheelit

Hello and welcome, @Jyotsna . I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for here in Litopia – it's a very friendly, supportive place for writers of all kinds. Your project sounds interesting. As others have said, check, out the Writing Workshops and get involved with Pop-Ups on Sunday evenings (5pm UK time). It's a great way to keep connected to the publishing world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dipping a toe in

NEW WORKSHOP!

Back