Help! Crash, Bang Wallop - or Even Flow?

T

Copy Editor Recommendation?

Fanfare! Update On My Crazy Writing Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jason, you're more accurate than you know, at least if what this literary agent has to say is true of others. He's a pompous oaf, but may well have revealed more than his colleagues wanted him to, for I notice that he hasn't made a posting on You Tube in over a year - something tells me that he got a slapped wrist for his indiscretion.

I noticed that too.

Mind you he only has 4 vids up.
Also i wonder, if there was indeed a backlash would he not have taken it down?

Jason, you're more accurate than you know, at least if what this literary agent has to say is true of others. He's a pompous oaf, but may well have revealed more than his colleagues wanted him to, for I notice that he hasn't made a posting on You Tube in over a year - something tells me that he got a slapped wrist for his indiscretion.

Awesome examples, and confirms what I thought — they are quickly looking for a reason to reject you. It makes complete sense. All we can do is continue to hone our letters until there is nothing to immediately disqualify us. Only then can we succeed or fail based upon the merits of our work.

I'll write him a letter as an executive search consultant to invite him for interview. Then follow up a day later with another letter saying that there had been an administrative error - a junior assistant with no experience of identifying quality candidates had stupidy shortlisted him, and that he was clearly unsuited to working in publishing.

No, I'll not do that - I've got more important things to do.

I find his vids useful and I find him engaging, tho :) what's with the, well, what is it, burping? I've seen this and a few of his other vids.

@PaulWhybrow Grumpy lion is off to gnaw some bones now, followed by nap in which he chases literary agents and publishers across the savannah.

Just don't eat them, whatever you do, Paul, when you catch them.

The latter was in an acknowledgement i recall reading a while ago, nice.

I quite like his matter-of-fact, know-where-you-stand persona...and phrasal adjectives clearly! Wish he did more vids. They appeal to me.

There are quite a few others on YT, Emurelda.

Maybe we should have a separate Youtube list as I am sure others have their faves they may want to share too.

Plus if you have your own youtube channel would love to know too ...mine are very random and am still finding my 'voice' (and feet!) on youtube but it's such fun! :D

or not... first one can't be downloaded, bummer!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes. I especially like Mr Blofeld, The Agent not The Villain. :D

I follow quite a few You-tubers ....do you have one. ;)

Do you? I have a channel but haven't uploaded anything, myself. A friend in New York thinks I should, but really, what shall I talk about? I set it up with thoughts of doing Tarot demos, but there's plenty of that available already, and I have a blog.

Do you? I have a channel but haven't uploaded anything, myself. A friend in New York thinks I should, but really, what shall I talk about? I set it up with thoughts of doing Tarot demos, but there's plenty of that available already, and I have a blog.

I think people follow a 'flavour' or 'energy' that a person brings so they like that personality as well as the topic.

I love games myself and follow iBallisticsquid and Stampylonghead but rarely watch their vids on their own mainly the ones showing them together because of the dynamics they display together. I find myself cracking up crying with loud laughing when i watch them. Don't judge me :D. I just love Minecraft :)

In your case I would follow because i know you through another format and would be curious about what you do than the actual topic and of course learn something along the way ;)... As i do here.

I find his vids useful and I find him engaging, tho :) what's with the, well, what is it, burping? I've seen this and a few of his other vids.

@PaulWhybrow Grumpy lion is off to gnaw some bones now, followed by nap in which he chases literary agents and publishers across the savannah.

Just don't eat them, whatever you do, Paul, when you catch them.
I can guess what they'll taste like - chickens!

This one was especially helpful, I thought.

I think so too. She is especially worth learning from as a writer. Each of those people are useful for differing stages of ones 'writing to publishing' journey.
There are so many to glean from. Having seen hours of these vids i now repeat specific ones for challenging issues i face when writing.

I think so too. She is especially worth learning from as a writer. Each of those people are useful for differing stages of ones 'writing to publishing' journey.
There are so many to glean from. Having seen hours of these vids i now repeat specific ones for challenging issues i face when writing.
I've been watching Ellen Brock videos for an hour since; she has many that are extremely helpful, and as a professional editor seems to know what she's talking about.

I follow Henry Blofeld on Twitter and he's been kind enough to retweet a couple of things for me - lately when I've been trying sell a book to raise money for the hospital ward.

Anyway, his cricket commentaries are enough to ensure that he (and all his family) must be accorded ultimate respect!

Last edited by a moderator:
I follow Henry Blofeld on Twitter and he's been kind enough to retweet a couple of things for me - lately when I've been trying sell a book to raise money for the hospital ward.Anyway, his cricket commentaries are enough to ensure that he (and all his family) must be accorded ultimate respect!
Absolutely; the Great Game would be poorer without him. Roll on, the Ashes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Copy Editor Recommendation?

Fanfare! Update On My Crazy Writing Life

Back