Can you Trump this?

Fanfare! ...I guess...

Genres as fashion statements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe. The mighty blast of the last trump could be quite something to witness. But then, to trump is also to beat. Trumps in cards comes from trionfa...triumph. Different root, nothing to do with trumpeting...though we might read...'he did trumpet his success abroad'

The mighty blast of the last trump...the doomsday fart?

Thanks for posting this one Emuralda it is very tempting. But you have to wonder just what you could get across to the reader in less than 3,000 words. Even so I might give it a go...

Will the winning story be used as propaganda? What if someone wrote an utopian vision? This presupposes dystopia and I don't like Trump but so what? I won't be a voter, and plenty of US voters do support his candidacy, whatever others might think. So in the interests of democratic fair play and even-handedness, is there an equivalent sub opp anywhere I wonder, for the other candidate.

Donald Trump and the Doomsday Fart. Thanks Katie-Ellen for a great title. I was curious who was sponsoring this contest and why. It seems a "grassroots" effort by a professor and a grad student, but it also seems they intend to publish, so I wonder ...

Will the winning story be used as propaganda? What if someone wrote an utopian vision? This presupposes dystopia and I don't like Trump but so what? I won't be a voter, and plenty of US voters do support his candidacy, whatever others might think. So in the interests of democratic fair play and even-handedness, is there an equivalent sub opp anywhere I wonder, for the other candidate.

We are not voters, its true, but doesnt deny our abilty to comment on something that will probably directly affect our daily lives. Opion makers and media owners have such a large influence on media output, but not all of them are citizens in a country, think Rupert Murdoch. So, if its good enough for them to have an opinion, why not the little person?

Donald Trump courts contraversy, he is the equivalent of Katie Hopkins in the UK. Neither of them nice people.

Heheh. Well, democratic objections apart, do please feel free to make any use you like of the doomsday fart PatriciaD. It's definitely not 'right-think' and I increasingly feel inclined to resist right-think, even when I happen to agree.

The little person clearly includes people who agree with things Donald Trump says, and Katie Hopkins. (I do not think of us common folk as little people. History says woe betide those who think to push too hard and a king may get his head cut off)

Many people will think they are nice, I expect, including some who know them, but I did not say Trump should not be lampooned. I suggested subs should, in the interests of political satire (if that is what this is about?) should be open to Clinton skits too.

Or it is not literary satire but literary propaganda. BTW I hope he doesn't win, but if any of our American friends here take a different view, that would hopefully, be respected.

On the question of Trumping Trump - Johnson getting a perm...

TrumpVJohnson.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fanfare! ...I guess...

Genres as fashion statements.

Back