Bookshop.org...helping local bookshops to challenge Amazon

Remedies Halloween: Ida The Spider

News Please Welcome... Ancora Imparo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, I wonder if AU/NZ bookshops can jump onboard. Amazon often massively price gouges AU buyers for paperbacks. Case in point here, taken from a FB thread about it from a understandably unhappy author. They can't do anything to change the paperback pricing as it's set by a third-party retailer and Amazon won't lift a finger to help.

Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 4.18.36 PM.png

Hmm, I wonder if AU/NZ bookshops can jump onboard. Amazon often massively price gouges AU buyers for paperbacks. Case in point here, taken from a FB thread about it from a understandably unhappy author. They can't do anything to change the paperback pricing as it's set by a third-party retailer and Amazon won't lift a finger to help.

View attachment 7309
This problem comes up a lot for Aussies, too.
It's not the 'zon that hikes the prices, it's the distributor (and postage).
The only way I know of to fix the problem is to have the pb pod done by a company that has a presence in Aus or NZ. That basically means IngramSpark, the widest distributor of them all. I used them for Diaballein, in the US at USD7.99, and in Aus at AUD12.64 (and there are always more than one option for buying from other sellers, ie Book Depository, despatched from UK). I don't know if NZ has their own 'zon table?
Unless there are other options? Because this bookshop option isn't down under. Yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remedies Halloween: Ida The Spider

News Please Welcome... Ancora Imparo!

Back