books, hooks and sheer awesome luck

35 Writing Contests in January 2017 - No entry fees

Where Writers Go....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all!
I am a 'newbie' to the group. I would say I am relatively new to writing, at the end of last year I finished my first teen novel. As it has taken me three years to write (mainly in re-reading and re-writing) I don't feel like this is as new to me as it could be.
I am the ultimate notebook fanatic, notebooks for bags, notebooks for on my desk, crammed onto my bookshelves and piled by the sofa. Many are bursting with ideas, doodles, arrows and crossings out, others look too nice to deface with my illegible scribbles.
I am currently knee deep in publisher and agent guidebooks in a desperate attempt to soak up their knowledge and wisdom and hopefully not make too many rookie errors along the way! I am sure I have already made a few!
I look forward to hearing from you all whether it be in triumph or desperation.

Hi Deborah - welcome aboard. Congrats on finishing your first novel. Have your started the submission process yet?

I too am a fan of physical notebooks - I am never without one! I have one for each of the projects I'm working on and all are different colours and each has a number. I keep a general book beside my bed in case I have ideas in the night... those moments when you're about to fall asleep can be particularly fruitful!

Welcome Deborah. I was looking at notebooks the other day because I had a brilliant idea for a short story at work one day last week, then about an hour later when I had an opportunity to write it down I couldn't remember what the idea was! Of course you have to remember to take your notebook with you...

See you around the colony Deborah.

Hello all!
I am a 'newbie' to the group. I would say I am relatively new to writing, at the end of last year I finished my first teen novel. As it has taken me three years to write (mainly in re-reading and re-writing) I don't feel like this is as new to me as it could be.
I am the ultimate notebook fanatic, notebooks for bags, notebooks for on my desk, crammed onto my bookshelves and piled by the sofa. Many are bursting with ideas, doodles, arrows and crossings out, others look too nice to deface with my illegible scribbles.
I am currently knee deep in publisher and agent guidebooks in a desperate attempt to soak up their knowledge and wisdom and hopefully not make too many rookie errors along the way! I am sure I have already made a few!
I look forward to hearing from you all whether it be in triumph or desperation.
One things for sure Deborah, you aren't alone. Good luck.

Hi Deborah
Welcome. I'm always jotting things down too. Usually when I get up first thing in the morning. I'm quite new but finding there's a good welcome here, generosity and lots of valuable experience. Hope you find the same!

Status
Not open for further replies.

35 Writing Contests in January 2017 - No entry fees

Where Writers Go....

Back