Amusement Been having a play...

AI and The Future of Writ(ers/ing)…

A small victory to brighten my day

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, since I can't find the right image or afford a professional artist, I'm going to try and get the humour across using the font.

Any of these say 'humour' to you?

1683134795079.png1683134802831.png1683134866233.png1683134878659.png1683134885748.png

Attachments

• 1683134809086.png
    1683134809086.png
    42.5 KB · Views: 2
So, since I can't find the right image or afford a professional artist, I'm going to try and get the humour across using the font.

Any of these say 'humour' to you?

View attachment 15467View attachment 15468View attachment 15470View attachment 15471View attachment 15472
i say the fourth. not only is it somewhat of a "silly" font, but the font fits the rest of the cover and isn't displeasing, from a graphic design perspective. the fifth cover is a second-place to that, but the other fonts are subpar.
also, i still do like the blue-and-yellow design scheme, but please please please do NOT use noticeable a stock image on the cover. it comes off as lazy and amateur, and *everyone* can tell that it's just a stock image. font-wise, the font is good, but doesn't give a "humorous" vibe
i'll reply to this thread with a design that i really think would be good. stay tuned :)

@Jake E okay, this is a design that i think is great for your book. the font and graphic say "humor," and the ornate border designs say "fantasy," plus the blue-and-yellow color scheme keeps it from seeming too young/MG. this is (in my humble opinion!) the ideal cover for your book. i hope this is okay :)
1683136002767.png
edit: sorry for the slightly bad quality, i edited this using kleki in about three seconds lol.

@Jake E okay, this is a design that i think is great for your book. the font and graphic say "humor," and the ornate border designs say "fantasy," plus the blue-and-yellow color scheme keeps it from seeming too young/MG. this is (in my humble opinion!) the ideal cover for your book. i hope this is okay :)
View attachment 15477
edit: sorry for the slightly bad quality, i edited this using kleki in about three seconds lol.
I showed my wife and she says she likes it. Though, i might lighten the colour the 'the' and 'with'.
Amazing stuff Brooke. I never thought to mash the two designs together.
Genius move!

I favor this—shades of “Good Omens” with the prophecies (you could maybe try another font) but the blue and ornate corner seems in line with popular trends-it is the most eye-catching

a novel adapted into a tv show. (but the title font is interesting!)
i'm going to look around at fonts online for now, because, for reasons that simply can't be explained, i love them with all my heart :)
Lol. I knew about the book. Was wondering if it was the name of a font too. Ha ha.

@Jake E
as a trophy of your hard work on this book (and a token of my boredom in class), here's a, probably very innacurate, drawing of kelthi from your book, because every good writer deserves a fandom. looking forward to when your book is finally out; i'll be the first to buy :)
(kindly overlook the fact that any good drawing takes me upwards of two hours, and i had like, ten minutes for this one lol)
1683146825337.png

@Jake E
as a trophy of your hard work on this book (and a token of my boredom in class), here's a, probably very innacurate, drawing of kelthi from your book, because every good writer deserves a fandom. looking forward to when your book is finally out; i'll be the first to buy :)
(kindly overlook the fact that any good drawing takes me upwards of two hours, and i had like, ten minutes for this one lol)
View attachment 15478
I shall put it in pride of place on my website lol.

View attachment 15477
This one! :)

Flipping the colors works wonders with the cover. Good eye, Brooke :cool:

I agree the author's name is too small. I think you should fix that, Jake. Some of us wear eyeglasses, you know :D

I still don't like the spoiler tagline. It gives away too much. Try something a little more ambiguous, like "The Chosen One has some explaining to do." I dunno.

Flipping the colors works wonders with the cover. Good eye, Brooke :cool:

I agree the author's name is too small. I think you should fix that, Jake. Some of us wear eyeglasses, you know :D

I still don't like the spoiler tagline. It gives away too much. Try something a little more ambiguous, like "The Chosen One has some explaining to do." I dunno.
Another one i played about with was
'what if the chosen one was an asshole'

But, that spoils it too.

I'll have to think about it for a while, i think.

Ok. Here we are.

Comments on the design for this series.
What do you think?
What changes - if any - do you think need to be made before I finally commit?

1683219820019.png1683219826819.png1683219834790.png

Thank you all of you for helping me get to this point. Without you, I'd have a very lackluster cover, and I appreciate all the effort you guys have put in.

J

i still like the first one! i know the tagline might be seen as too spoiler-y, but then again, you need the reader to know something about the book in the first place to convince them to give it a read.
i think you're trying to have a red undertone (with the red letters in the first design and the red lightning bolt in the third), but if you are, i'd recommend adding some more, because with just one red graphic it seems out of place. maybe change the border, the tagline, your name, or the book graphic to red (but not more than two of those :) ) to have the intended effect.

I still think the first is spoiley AF. Something like, "The Chosen One has some explaining to do" is accurate yet doesn't reveal too much.

The second novel doesn't suggest comedy at all (unless you know what "king" is). I don't know enough to suggest something. Unless...you make the tagline a callback to the previous novel. Something like, "The trouble with consequences."

I love the third title! Hopefully, enough people younger than me will get the joke. I don't like the tag, though. The question strongly suggests that Destiny will indeed be beaten. If destiny is a god, and she's pissed, how about "Destiny's riled."? If she's hated, maybe "Destiny's reviled."? Finally, she could be out of control - "Destiny's wild."

I'll leave now :rolleyes:

I still think the first is spoiley AF. Something like, "The Chosen One has some explaining to do" is accurate yet doesn't reveal too much.

The second novel doesn't suggest comedy at all (unless you know what "king" is). I don't know enough to suggest something. Unless...you make the tagline a callback to the previous novel. Something like, "The trouble with consequences."

I love the third title! Hopefully, enough people younger than me will get the joke. I don't like the tag, though. The question strongly suggests that Destiny will indeed be beaten. If destiny is a god, and she's pissed, how about "Destiny's riled."? If she's hated, maybe "Destiny's reviled."? Finally, she could be out of control - "Destiny's wild."

I'll leave now :rolleyes:
I'm a long way from hitting the 'publish' button, so I've got time to play with the tagline.

I'm still trying to sort out the middle of the book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AI and The Future of Writ(ers/ing)…

A small victory to brighten my day

Back