Author under fire for using asian pen name!

Dead authors as brands

L

The Hard Conversation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know when I blush (which is hard to get me to do these days) I look like I just got an instant sunburn. Now, @Nicole Wilson , you know why I live in WA. The sun never shines here! (Yeah, right!). One good thing, I'm 63 and have no gray hair. I do have a few white ones, though.
Nice! Well I live in Houston where it's summer like 10 months out of the year, so that's exciting :(. Ditto to the instant sunburn. I was talking to a new friend at work today for a while and, by the end of it, I looked like I was wearing blush all over my face.

Nice! Well I live in Houston where it's summer like 10 months out of the year, so that's exciting :(. Ditto to the instant sunburn. I was talking to a new friend at work today for a while and, by the end of it, I looked like I was wearing blush all over my face.

You poor thing! I know exactly what that's like! o_O
Do you ever get asked if you're feeling okay?

You poor thing! I know exactly what that's like! o_O
Do you ever get asked if you're feeling okay?
From people who don't know me, yeah. The people that do just brush it off. OR my friends at my last job actually started to make a game out of how red they could turn Nicole. They'd make me do speeches and stuff to see how red I'd get. Which was fun for the most part, but sometimes it's like "all right guys. I turn red. Believe me, I can feel it" haha.

Oh ho ho can I tell you about blushing. Good grief. My face turns the color of my hair more often than I'd like to admit. But back to the sunburn thing (cuz that's like my life), I have to wear 100 spf sunscreen when I run for anything longer than 40 minutes or I'm in pain for days. If hubby and I go for a picnic, sunscreen. Play volleyball outside, sunscreen. Take an antibiotic that makes me more sensitive to the sun and now I want to walk to the car, sunscreen. Freakin ridiculous.
Whoa. I had no idea! That is dark. Seattle. That's the way to go.

From people who don't know me, yeah. The people that do just brush it off. OR my friends at my last job actually started to make a game out of how red they could turn Nicole. They'd make me do speeches and stuff to see how red I'd get. Which was fun for the most part, but sometimes it's like "all right guys. I turn red. Believe me, I can feel it" haha.
Hahaha, how delightful!

Whoa. I had no idea! That is dark. Seattle. That's the way to go.

People around the US think Seattle is the "rain capital" of the US (one year we had 90 straight days of rain all day). Usually, it is. Jokes like "people in Seattle don't tan, they rust" and "Seattle rain festival from Jan. 1 to Dec. 31". It isn't true. Some years it just seems that way, but we have been in drought for the last couple of years and so we've gotten summers that are hot and dry. Now that fall is close at hand, the rain has started again.

USA might turn into the northern Australia if climate change keeps going... :eek:

Climate change. Ruining our Seattle jokes... ruining our Scottish redhead jokes... :mad:
Interesting. Most people assume redheads are Irish (as that's where most of us get the color from). I was all prepared to say "ha! I'm not Irish" but I guess I don't have to. I'm actually (among a mutt of other things European and a random Native American line) a combo of German and Scottish, which is where my hair comes from.

Interesting. Most people assume redheads are Irish (as that's where most of us get the color from). I was all prepared to say "ha! I'm not Irish" but I guess I don't have to. I'm actually (among a mutt of other things European and a random Native American line) a combo of German and Scottish, which is where my hair comes from.
Lot of redheads, come out of Scotland. Also Brenden Gleeson. Oh no wait — he's Irish. Never mind.

MontanaMan you look like Brenden Gleeson.
images.jpg
Dunn'ee?

I digress. A lot. Also I'm Irish, but not a redhead.

LOL! Not anymore! The pic for me is an old one. Back when I was first started riding (2002). I now have very short hair and no goatee.
I do happen to be Irish, English, German, Dutch. After reading @Karen Gray's books, I wonder if I'm becoming Scottish (Scot ish). Maybe I'm just a numpty heid. o_O

LOL! Not anymore! The pic for me is an old one. Back when I was first started riding (2002). I now have very short hair and no goatee.
I do happen to be Irish, English, German, Dutch. After reading @Karen Gray's books, I wonder if I'm becoming Scottish (Scot ish). Maybe I'm just a numpty heid. o_O
Unfathomable. MontanaMan has a goatee — you must be an impostor.

I think we're all numpty-heids. Or else lankit an gangly as a Tattie-bogle on a wobbly pole.

Unfathomable. MontanaMan has a goatee — you must be an impostor.

I think we're all numpty-heids. Or else lankit an gangly as a Tattie-bogle on a wobbly pole.

pmsl! That was good! I always count on Jason to say something to make me laugh. I haven't always had a goatee and I don't think I'm an impostor, unless the government has changed things on me without notification.

upload_2015-9-22_11-53-3.jpeg

Celtic Nations
Ireland
Scotland
Isle of Man
Wales
Cornwall
Brittany
qa0qID5.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dead authors as brands